Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2024 4:47:30 PM EDT
In Columbus area and looking for a school for your child?  This could be just the place for them.

https://columbusclassical.org/

Columbus Classical Academy inculcates in our students, through a genuine and rigorous classical education in the liberal arts and sciences, the knowledge and virtue upon which independent, responsible, and joyful lives are built, in the firm belief that such lives are the foundation of a free and flourishing republic.

The Columbus Classical Academy campus is located at 2000 Polaris Parkway, Columbus, OH 43240. Our campus comprises roughly 60,000 square feet of space on a beautifully maintained and highly accessible 6+ acre property. This campus was made possible by the generous support of multiple donors who provided favorable financing terms as well as the extraordinary assistance of a number of professionals who gave freely of their time and expertise. We thank them for their incredible support and generosity.

As a Hillsdale College Curriculum School, Columbus Classical Academy benefits from Hillsdale's expertise in developing a world-class classical curriculum as well as its tradition of defending the traditional liberal arts, which they describe as “a window on the past and a gateway to the future.”

Daniel C. Gibson is the founding Head of School of Columbus Classical Academy. Prior to joining CCA, Mr. Gibson was a partner at the law firm of Bricker & Eckler LLP in Columbus, where he was a litigator and appellate lawyer for more than 15 years. He also served as an Associate Director at the Hudson Institute in Washington, D.C. immediately following graduation from law school. Mr. Gibson earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy, cum laude, from Davidson College and a Juris Doctorate from Stanford Law School.

Learn more about Mr. Gibson’s vision for Columbus Classical Academy here.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#1]
By the way, from their "Giving" page:

SUPPORT CCA WITH YOUR TAX DOLLARS

In Ohio, residents can receive a tax credit for contributions up to $750 per individual or $1,500 for married couples filing jointly for their Ohio Income Tax. You will claim this credit when you file your state income tax return.

We have partnered with Every Child Every Family, a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation registered with the State of Ohio as a Scholarship Granting Organization. Contributions to Every Child Every Family on Columbus Classical Academy's behalf will be applied to scholarships for qualifying Columbus Classical Academy students.
View Quote

Maybe the state reduces the aid the state provides so it doesn't matter in the end, still, it's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 4:41:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CavVet] [#2]
I don't know them from a can of paint.  I'll assume since you are posting about them they/he are gtg. I'm still kinda traumatized from my tour in Seattle. I saw the word "liberal" twice in that first quote, just that word makes me twitch and sweat.

We've been pretty happy with local Catholic schools (not Catholic). At orientation the first lines from the priest were (while holding the Bible up high) "we teach facts, we teach God created Man and God created woman, period". I've had a bromance every since.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 8:18:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spmx7777] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CavVet:
I don't know them from a can of paint.  I'll assume since you are posting about them they/he are gtg. I'm still kinda traumatized from my tour in Seattle. I saw the word "liberal" twice in that first quote, just that word makes me twitch and sweat.

We've been pretty happy with local Catholic schools (not Catholic). At orientation the first lines from the priest were (while holding the Bible up high) "we teach facts, we teach God created Man and God created woman, period". I've had a bromance every since.

View Quote

I only assume CCA is good to go since they're affiliated with Hillsdale College.  Hillsdale has a lot of free online courses, podcasts, newsletters.  A recent Hillsdale podcast series is on the book of Genesis.  Hillsdale will not use any federal money for literally anything, this lets them be very independent and give the middle finger to Big Brother.  Victor Davis Hanson is the sort of historian that has taught and lectured there.  I think you'd like the Hillsdale free newsletter Imprimis, paper or email.  It's not a gigantic research university with a multi-billion-dollar endowment.  Hillsdale is traditional small liberal arts college and what they should still be.

We sent our two to Columbus Academy K-12, I wouldn't do it now since the school admin has gone woke.  If I had young kids now, I'd send them to a Catholic school too, I'm glad you're happy with yours.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spmx7777:
 If I had young kids now, I'd send them to a Catholic school too, I'm glad you're happy with yours.
View Quote

My wife said this morning they had an American good program. It was a total flag waving event with the music teacher making a reference about "an idiot in there we have to get rid of"

I'm very very very happy
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top