Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2023 4:34:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmsnare]
Out of curiosity, do the peripheral training requirements (med, wildland etc) need to be completed in sequential rating order, or can we grab them as available?  Example, looking at a Med class (candidate 1st class signoff) while still needing to complete the PT test element of candidate 2nd class - can I take med class for signoff prior to PT test being logged?

Also, haven't seen any mention of the NAEMT PHTLS (Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Saver) course, but found a local provider which could be a good fit between STB/BLS and an EMT-B cert?  Concerns there?  Thanks!

@Ben
@NotCaliforniaLegal
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not Ben or Notcalifornialegal, but you can do them as the opportunities arise.

No idea on your second question.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I took PHTLS once. It's actually meant as a supplement to EMT-I or Paramedic-level training. I took it as an EMT-B and the instructors mostly looked at me as though I had horns growing out of my head.

Something may have changed but you should probably talk to the instructor before clearing your calendar or writing the check.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate it. I found a TCCC class that is open enrollment that I'll do instead. Could get a group together if there is interest - looking at this fall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top