Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2024 4:51:43 PM EDT
Tried to get 5 permits today and was told nobody will be in till Thursday to complete the process.

This is some BS.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:13:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Max429] [#1]
What city/county?

Do you have a CPL?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Harper Woods/Wayne county.

No current CPL(hopefully it gets approved soon)
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 1:58:54 AM EDT
[#3]
What an efficient and streamlined process.

It made so much less sense prior to 2/13/2024 to go to your FFL, pick out your handgun, fill out a 4473/run NICs (assuming you pass)
and have us print you out a pistol purchase permit on the spot, right?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 1:11:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DetroitDuramax] [#4]
It makes no sense that they won't let us FFL's do the background check on people without a cpl. But then again I think this was the plan all along with this law to try and control who gets guns. There are more then a few stories (may just be that a story) of people getting denied for a LTP for arrests or simple issues like disturbing the peace that are decades old or don't disqualify a person from owning a firearm. I see a lot more people going to get a cpl that wouldn't have gotten one before.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:46:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Received the call to pick up the application, next I need it notarized and I might get the approval tonight or Monday.

Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaddMan:
Received the call to pick up the application, next I need it notarized and I might get the approval tonight or Monday.

View Quote

Nobody issuing the RI-010 at HWPD is a notary? Wow.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 11:05:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaddMan] [#7]
Nope had to take it to my bank and bring it back and it’s one guy doing the work.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:07:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bucket-Back:
This is a reminder for me to remember to renew my CPL.

A few of our friends kids want to get into shooting sports and want to buy a rifle or a pistol. No more meeting in a dark parking lot for FTF deals for me now.

I needed a damn bike license to ride my bike when I lived on Hollywood, $10 in 1978 ish

My parents lived in Harper Woods and went to Gross Point Schools, and were known as " The Hoods From Harper Woods" there in the 50's.
View Quote

I put off getting a cpl because I thought I would no longer need one to buy a firearm.  A friend told me the waiting period for an appointment with the sheriff's dept is a week and a half, but I haven't verified it yet.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:26:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I checked this section of the forums to see smooth or how much of headache it has been to get these License to purchase. I bought something at the local gun shop. Mine went thru easy since I had a CPL. But they told me three guys came in and had to be sent back to the police department to get it signed. I Also heard in Detroit to get the license they had to get the signature notarized and they were charging $20 for the notary. My buddy went today,  I finally talked him into getting his first pistol and he is going for his CPL. I told him he better do it before it gets worse. He had to make an appointment at his police department and was charged $5.

I had hunch it was going to cause headaches. Reminds me of the days about 25 years ago or so when you had to go get the purchase permits for pistols. Police departments would only issue them on certain days and hours some charged a small fee, some didnt. Then you brought the pistol back under the same restricted hours.

I hope the MCRGO or FPC looks into this
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Sixgun357:
I checked this section of the forums to see smooth or how much of headache it has been to get these License to purchase. I bought something at the local gun shop. Mine went thru easy since I had a CPL. But they told me three guys came in and had to be sent back to the police department to get it signed. I Also heard in Detroit to get the license they had to get the signature notarized and they were charging $20 for the notary. My buddy went today,  I finally talked him into getting his first pistol and he is going for his CPL. I told him he better do it before it gets worse. He had to make an appointment at his police department and was charged $5.

I had hunch it was going to cause headaches. Reminds me of the days about 25 years ago or so when you had to go get the purchase permits for pistols. Police departments would only issue them on certain days and hours some charged a small fee, some didnt. Then you brought the pistol back under the same restricted hours.

I hope the MCRGO or FPC looks into this
View Quote

Nailed it.  The new laws turned us back to the 80's.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 11:55:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Bucket-Back:
This is a reminder for me to remember to renew my CPL.

A few of our friends kids want to get into shooting sports and want to buy a rifle or a pistol. No more meeting in a dark parking lot for FTF deals for me now.

I needed a damn bike license to ride my bike when I lived on Hollywood, $10 in 1978 ish

My parents lived in Harper Woods and went to Gross Point Schools, and were known as " The Hoods From Harper Woods" there in the 50's.
View Quote

Is a reminder why we need to educate our fellow citizens on not voting for Marxist idiots.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#13]
From the meme thread, it kinda fits here.......

Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Michigan needs to figure out how to vote out the election cheaters, that will be the tough part, then get rid of the pistol registration crap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Well with judges saying that illegals have gun rights now, I’m starting to think gun buying will be easier for illegals! Amazing that we are losing our rights and they keep gaining them. So they are expected to follow gun laws when they break the law day 1 coming here!🤨
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:29:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I might be crazy but I have a hunch they'll somehow mess with the CPL exemption at some point.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top