Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2023 3:40:38 PM EDT
Any Southies have a diesel smog check place that ISN'T $70?   I don't understand why they charge over double the price for a gas check when it uses the same dang equipment, but I digress.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Found a place on Sahara and Eastern- $30 with Coupon.

Turns out they dyno run Diesels to check for particulate.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the muffler shop in Henderson. It's less than 70 but more than 30. I think I payed 55.
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Just checking to make sure, is your vehicle over 14K GVW?  If so it's exempt.

Nevada Emission Control Program
Link Posted: 8/14/2023 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
NV is weird with inspections.  Unlike every other state I lived in, the state does not set the price.  They just have a maximum amount they can charge.  

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crapshoot:
I use the muffler shop in Henderson. It's less than 70 but more than 30. I think I payed 55.
View Quote

That was where I always got my diesel inspected.  They were the best price I could find and they were fast.  

Gassers got inspected at the gas station off Stephanie and American Pacific.  I got one of those $10 inspection mailers once from Dr something or other and I did it.  Took an hour and they tried to upsell me some 50k mile maintenance on my car that had ~20k miles on it.  Fuck that, I'll pay a few bucks more and get out of there in a couple minutes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top