Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2024 9:20:22 PM EDT
Do we have any insurance agents here?  Independent or otherwise?  Or any good ones you can recommend?
I'm looking for a home, auto, and umbrella policy, and eventually a small business policy of some sort.

Long story short, the last company I was with blew off my questions & requests for info on business policies (I'm starting a side business and was looking for info).

Since they didn't want my business, I found a new agent & insurance company instead of renewing.
I got set up with a quote and paid in full for the year.  I thought I was good and even had a quote/estimate on a business policy I liked.  A month later (Friday, 19 April), I get a bill from the company for about 10% more over what I already paid.
I contacted the agent, she said (paraphrasing) "one of your cars came back higher than quoted, so they're adjusting it.  I was going to email you Monday".

I'm pissed.  I was given a price, signed off on it, paid it, and now they're coming back and changing it after the fact a month into the term.  
What's to stop them from doing this again, or coming back at a 50% higher rate, or deciding to retroactively triple it halfway through the term?  To make a poor analogy, if I buy a bag of cement at Home Depot, they don't get to show up at my house a month later and demand more money because they're raising their price.

I can deal with rate increases at renewal.  I understand that.  I'm not putting up with this bait & switch rate increase after I've already signed up and paid.

I'm looking for someone else now, on principal, if nothing else.
This whole process has been a hassle.  The first company drug things out towards the renewal date and getting policy info from the current one was like pulling teeth.  
At one point they said "you have to sign the policy before we can get you a copy or let you know what's in it."

Anyway, I'm looking for a new insurance agent and would appreciate any leads you've got.  (Please email me, IM/DM, or post here, I'm not picky)
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top