Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2023 3:37:30 AM EDT
Either actually drive up or use the ferry?
Or rent or buy a camper trailer in AK?
Planning to be up there end of May and head back to Arkansas Sept 9 2024.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:18:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Likey cheaper there.

When I moved up I bought an old pop up camper for the drive. Paid $1,000 in the lower 48 for it. Saved me a ton of money on hotels meals etc.

Sold it for $3,000 when I got here and it sold immediately. Probably could have got more.

That was a few years ago but I doubt it’s changed too much. Used campers sell for a premium here. Especially in summer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 25 foot Lance but I worry the drive up would beat the crap out of it.
I would sell it up there in Sept (yes, I know it is the wrong time of year).
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
As someone who would not bring their camper up the Dalton. I wouldn’t worry about the Alcan too much.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#4]
My toyhauler survived the trip up and back, but 5th wheels are built almost decent. Have family that take a 20’ to FL and back every year and have no issues, worst part for campers is between Beaver Creek and Tok.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Sell it just before hunting season, unless you are crazy expensive or it is complete trash, it will sell quick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top