Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2022 8:57:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SirSqueeboo]
It’s been a while since I’ve been in touch with any of the folks from CRAL/RIFOL.

Are there any towns/cities where I can just apply without having to do the qualification course or submit references?  I have an FFL and travel to RI with guns for business, so I would hope that’s sufficient “need”.

AG said it has to be done in person and I can’t just drop an app in the mail. I’m in TX, it’s not like I can drive up there to jump through their hoops.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Considering they just shove a 10 round mag ban up our ass, after it was defeated In committee….don’t even bother.
Link Posted: 12/5/2022 6:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Any more information on the process for non-residents post Bruen? I had to take the Basic Safety course for a MA permit last week and figured I should try for a RI non-resident permit. I started to look at the process and got confused really quickly. There were a lot of requirements that didn't seem to apply to non-residents.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 12:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Start by going to Aces’s Defense in Danielson Ct.

Get yourself signed up for Steve’s RI CCW permit shooting qualification. You will need this qualification/sign off as part of your application.

You will want to apply through a local authority RIGL 11-47-11, NOT 11-47-18(a) the attorney general.

Ace’s has a decent handle on and rapport with a handful of 2A friendly RI town police chiefs who issue, and how backlogged they are on permit processing in each town.

Once you sign up and qualify, Aces will steer you towards an issuing town/chief, but obviously will not promise you anything.

You will need three very good character letters, an Very Good attention to fine details on the chiefs application, and a lot of polite patience.
From my experience, it was an easy and painless albiet, slightly drawn out experience.
That said, the 3 month start of application process to permit in hand, is worth the weight of gold to me living in Eastern Ct.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Moving to RI in January. Active military. I admittedly haven’t done much research yet but any benefits to getting a non-resident permit being mil or does anyone know if military orders equal residency?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top