Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 11:08:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I just did a loop through Lancaster taking back roads or going opposite of traffic.  I have never seen that many people or cars around one spot anywhere in NH.  It's nuts.

I drove on the VT side going north crossing in Gilman, taking River rd, and then hitting US2 to get into Lancaster coming down 3 into Whitefield and then 142 to Dalton and then 135 south.

135 going north backed up from the Mount Orne bridge to the Dalton line(you can see it from the VT side).  Lots of those folks are hitting 2 and then either going up VT 102 or dipping into NH for US3.  Most seemed to stay on the VT side.

US3 is backed up trying to get into Lancaster all the way to the base of Corrigan Hill/Mount Prospect.

Lancaster is wall to wall people and cars.  I was going to hit Smokin Ts at 1100 for a quick bite as they are doing a special day today, but nowhere to park and

The added pedestrians cross at the crosswalks and further slow the incoming traffic on 3.

Cars on 3 and 135 are constant bunches of 10 cars behind someone going a bit slower, then a gap, then another bunch.

I came back home and now I'm going to tackle some more storm cleanup.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:25:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I91 onto I93 was a parking lot around lunch time.

This is exactly how things would look if there was some chaos or event in southern New England.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
That's funny, i was thinking the same thing about disaster evac.
i, too, went to Lebanon this morning.  i came back down on 10 through Newport and Claremont.
By the time i got to Keene they had closed 91 and were routing traffic onto secondary road.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 7:36:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Looking at some of the FB pages for Bethlehem, Littleton, etc I have a feeling the trip home was worse for these folks.

Even my little side road had tons of cars running up it in the afternoon.

Another issue is comms.  I lost Verizon at about 2PM and it stayed down until I went to bed early at like 9:30.  Way too many people for the lone Verizon tower.  When people navigate via cell phone and their cell phone can't see the traffic, they'll have problems.

Everyone else already here is deaf, dumb, and blind.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone I know reported a trip from Burlington to Concord yesterday took 7.5 hours

Insanity...

To think that the biggest traffic issue ever in New England was not the Blizzard it was the Eclipse LOL
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 6:02:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Milan, Berlin and Gorham were an absolute nightmare.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FDC:
I just did a loop through Lancaster taking back roads or going opposite of traffic.  I have never seen that many people or cars around one spot anywhere in NH.  It's nuts.

I drove on the VT side going north crossing in Gilman, taking River rd, and then hitting US2 to get into Lancaster coming down 3 into Whitefield and then 142 to Dalton and then 135 south.

135 going north backed up from the Mount Orne bridge to the Dalton line(you can see it from the VT side).  Lots of those folks are hitting 2 and then either going up VT 102 or dipping into NH for US3.  Most seemed to stay on the VT side.

US3 is backed up trying to get into Lancaster all the way to the base of Corrigan Hill/Mount Prospect.

Lancaster is wall to wall people and cars.  I was going to hit Smokin Ts at 1100 for a quick bite as they are doing a special day today, but nowhere to park and

The added pedestrians cross at the crosswalks and further slow the incoming traffic on 3.

Cars on 3 and 135 are constant bunches of 10 cars behind someone going a bit slower, then a gap, then another bunch.

I came back home and now I'm going to tackle some more storm cleanup.

View Quote

Columbus Day this past year from Lincoln across to Conway and around the valley was the worst I've experienced up here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top