Posted: 6/9/2021 8:09:43 PM EDT
What are the must do or see's there?

Will be there middle of next week.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 9:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenLantern] [#2]
This isn't a lot of help for you now, but my family and I spent MEA weekend in Fargo so I thought I'd list the things we did in the area in case anyone else is interested.

Scheels - Worth stopping in to browse the merchandise.  I'd spend a ton of cash there if money were no issue.  Most notable was their good selection of 2011 Staccato handguns.  I'm always on the look out for 3rd generation S&W autos.  They had a 3913 NL and a 6946, both in very good condition.  I wish they'd ditch the cheese grater cases they lock the guns into.  Can't see worth a damn through those.

Young Blood Coffee - I don't drink coffee so I can't comment on the quality but seemed like a nice place.  Took the family there one morning for coffee

Downtown - Downtown area was much bigger than we expected.  A fair number of shops to browse and a great place to spend some time at.

Buffalo River State Park - East of Moorehead.  Hiking trails worth spending 1-2 hours traversing if you're into that

Izumi Sushi & Hibachi - Standard Hibachi and Sushi type place.  Decent but not outstanding

Haunted Farm - Obviously this was a Halloween timed event.  I honestly thought it was pretty lame for $22.  Acres of Terror was that same type of activity and I kind of wish we had gone to that one instead, but it was probably another 20 minutes further away given where we were at the time.

Ishtar Mediterranean Cuisine - Typical greek or Mediterranean type food.  Very good and I would definitely recommend it.  My kids typical do not prefer to eat at places like this but all 3 of them really liked their meal.

Hjemkomst Center - I can't say much about this because only my wife and one daughter toured that while the rest of us went elsewhere.

Pixeled Brewery - 'Brew pub' with old arcade games.  I put 'Brew pub' in quotes because they didn't really have their own beers.  Big selection of arcade games to play for $.25 per game (tokens).  No pin ball machines though.  Anyone under 21 is allowed in only on Sundays though.  I think this was the first time I played Donkey Kong in 30+ years.  Definitely a fun stop.

Sunset Lanes - Bowling, not much else to say.  $20 for 4 of us to bowl one game so I thought that was pretty economical

Wurst Bier Hall - Huge selection of beer and the food was phenomenal.  I stepped outside my comfort zone and had the Porketta Fargo sandwich and it was awesome.

Cheyenne National Grassland - South, South-West of Fargo.  We wanted to get down there and do some hiking but the weather was iffy so we held off.  Our family weekend trips usually have a health share of hiking and I would say that this was one activity that I felt the Fargo-Moorhead did not have a lot of.  Though we knew that ahead of time.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenLantern:
This isn't a lot of help for you now, but my family and I spent MEA weekend in Fargo so I thought I'd list the things we did in the area in case anyone else is interested.

Scheels - Worth stopping in to browse the merchandise.  I'd spend a ton of cash there if money were no issue.  Most notable was their good selection of 2011 Staccato handguns.  I'm always on the look out for 3rd generation S&W autos.  They had a 3913 NL and a 6946, both in very good condition.  I wish they'd ditch the cheese grater cases they lock the guns into.  Can't see worth a damn through those.

Young Blood Coffee - I don't drink coffee so I can't comment on the quality but seemed like a nice place.  Took the family there one morning for coffee

Downtown - Downtown area was much bigger than we expected.  A fair number of shops to browse and a great place to spend some time at.

Buffalo River State Park - East of Moorehead.  Hiking trails worth spending 1-2 hours traversing if you're into that

Izumi Sushi & Hibachi - Standard Hibachi and Sushi type place.  Decent but not outstanding

Haunted Farm - Obviously this was a Halloween timed event.  I honestly thought it was pretty lame for $22.  Acres of Terror was that same type of activity and I kind of wish we had gone to that one instead, but it was probably another 20 minutes further away given where we were at the time.

Ishtar Mediterranean Cuisine - Typical greek or Mediterranean type food.  Very good and I would definitely recommend it.  My kids typical do not prefer to eat at places like this but all 3 of them really liked their meal.

Hjemkomst Center - I can't say much about this because only my wife and one daughter toured that while the rest of us went elsewhere.

Pixeled Brewery - 'Brew pub' with old arcade games.  I put 'Brew pub' in quotes because they didn't really have their own beers.  Big selection of arcade games to play for $.25 per game (tokens).  No pin ball machines though.  Anyone under 21 is allowed in only on Sundays though.  I think this was the first time I played Donkey Kong in 30+ years.  Definitely a fun stop.

Sunset Lanes - Bowling, not much else to say.  $20 for 4 of us to bowl one game so I thought that was pretty economical

Wurst Bier Hall - Huge selection of beer and the food was phenomenal.  I stepped outside my comfort zone and had the Porketta Fargo sandwich and it was awesome.

Cheyenne National Grassland - South, South-West of Fargo.  We wanted to get down there and do some hiking but the weather was iffy so we held off.  Our family weekend trips usually have a health share of hiking and I would say that this was one activity that I felt the Fargo-Moorhead did not have a lot of.  Though we knew that ahead of time.
View Quote

Fargo air museum, Scheels  and the Sheyenne grasslands were my favorite places there.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top