Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 5/2/2024 4:02:07 PM EDT
Looking at elk hunting in Utah this fall or next. What are the options for a public land non-guided hunt? What areas would be open for this? What licenses, fees etc. would be needed? yes, I know chances are slim this way but the country is incredibly beautiful out there and to walk it while looking for game would be well worth it even I didn't see a single critter.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven’t figured it out yet.  I’ve lived here for just over six years.  It’s a hell of a lot easier to hunt in GA.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
You have missed the standard big game draw, it closed on April 25. Now your options are antler less draw that is open June 5-19. https://www.utah-hunt.com/

Over the counter Open Bull on sale July 11
Over the counter Spike on sale July 18

HuntinFool has decent info.

I'm in southern Utah and not real familiar with the northern units. Some units are better than others. Figure out a season that might work and I bet someone would point you in a good direction to have a chance at finding some animals.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top