Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2024 10:12:15 AM EDT
My Uncle, who will be 83 in March, is wanting to go fly fishing this spring; neither of us has ever been.

Can someone recommend a guide service in western NC?  Wading is pretty much out due to his stability concerns, so bank or boat is the choice.

All advice appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Google Tuckaseegee river fly fishing guides, there are several.

Most fly fishing in WNC is wade fishing,   but there are a few drift boat fishing guides around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a great small mouth trip in June with Jason at Catawba Angler

It was a float trip- never had to get out of boat except to eat lunch.

They also do fly fishing for trout and small mouth
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Contact Foscoe Fishing Company in Foscoe (just 20 minutes west of Boone) and see if Matt Maness has any openings.  Matt is a great guy and a really good guide.  He does both wade trips and float trips down the Watagua and Holston rivers just across the border in Tenn.  Have been using Matt for several years on an annual trip with my adult son.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top