Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2024 6:28:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma]
This is courtesy of the New Jersey Firearm Owners Syndicate. Feel free to Copy and paste, change or add your thoughts to the letter and send it to your legislators. Their emails can be found here:
link

Subject: OPPOSE Murphy's Unconstitutional Budget

Dear Assembly and Senate Representatives,

I write you today to urge you to OPPOSE any of Governor Murphy's unconstitutional fee
increases on the free exercise of the Second Amendment in his 2025 Budget Proposal. His
outrageous plan to make up state deficits on the back of law abiding citizens exercising their
constitutionally guaranteed rights is not only immoral, excluding all but those of financial means
from their natural right, but also illegal.

Under Governor Murphy's proposal, fees would increase 200% or more for:

Firearms Purchaser Identification Card Application - $100 (Current Fee - $50 already increased
1000% in 2022)

Permit to Purchase a Handgun - $50 (Current Fee - $25, already increased 1250% in 2022)

Duplicate Firearms Purchaser ID Card - $50 (Current Fee - $0)

Wholesale/Retail Dealer Employee License Application - $40 (Current Fee - $5)

Retail Firearms Dealer Licenses Initial/Renewal Applications - $500 (Current Fee - $50)

Manufacturer/Wholesale Dealers of Firearms Initial/Renewal Application - $1,500 (Current Fee -
$150)

Permit to Carry Initial/Renewal Application - $400 (Current Fee - $200 already increased 400% in
2022)

NICS Check for Firearms Purchase - $45 (Current Fee - $15, $16 if it includes a handgun)

The Supreme Court in the landmark NYSRPA v Bruen decision stated "...because any permitting
scheme can be put toward abusive ends, we do not rule out constitutional challenges to
shall-issue regimes where, for example, lengthy wait times in processing license applications or
exorbitant fees deny ordinary citizens their right to public carry." Taxes on constitutional rights
have consistently been struck down, as was the case in Murdock v Pennsylvania, Minneapolis
Star Tribune v Minnesota and Harper v Virginia State Board of Elections to name a few.

I urge you to OPPOSE these illegal fees, and prevent the additional cost to taxpayers that the
state will undoubtedly face in legal challenges.

Sincerely,
View Quote

eta:

Women for Gun Rights - NJ shared the above letter and email list.

Women For Gun Rights-New Jersey

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Governor Pricing "The People" Out Of Exercising 2nd Amendment
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:37:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Emails sent.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#3]
They don’t care. I still get emails back from those commies that say, “This message was deleted without being read” for things I wrote them about.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't matter if they care or not. By us sending them emails, letters or making phone calls we're letting them know where we stand and by their replies or lack of replies we will know where they stand on the issue. By not bothering to voice our opinions to the legislators or moving out of state wont solve the problems we face. Those violations of our rights will only be solved by those willing to stand up for what's right by defending and using our rights to petition elected officials. For too long people have skirted their civic duties and look where it got us here in NJ. The point is that we have to keep trying to right the wrongs that have become the norm here in this state. Is it a fool's errand? Maybe, but I'm not willing to give up and will continue to contact my legislators and advocate for a return of our lost 2a rights.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't believe any of them read emails. I send old fashioned snail mail letters.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Whamo:
I don't believe any of them read emails. I send old fashioned snail mail letters.
View Quote
Snail mail works better in my opinion as well but I did get a few positive email replies from several assemblymen and one very long email from Senator Booker about all his accomplishments on curtailing gun violence.
Link Posted: 3/10/2024 2:26:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigford632] [#7]
Sent - probably got 20 undeliverable though
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigford632:
Sent - probably got 20 undeliverable though
View Quote
Twenty is a lot. I only got 2 or 3 that got bounced back, probably because the particular legislators are no longer in office because they lost the last election.

What folks are noticing is that not many legislators bothered to respond at all. Normally my mail box would be packed with automated replies. This time around I got less than 10 replies. Strange and definitely not good.

Tomorrow I'll send some more emails and see if there's any difference. Instead of a mass emailing, I'll send individual emails to my local assemblyman and senator and then mass email 5 or 10 legislators at a time and see what happens.

For those that haven't sent any emails, it's still not too late do so.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top