Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2023 10:52:45 AM EDT
Once again Freedom Ammo has shoved their foot deep up their own ass.

A locked and archived post I made a few years ago about Freedom Ammo confiscating "10 over" magazine of a customer using their indoor range.  Instead of just discreetly telling customers to put it back in their car or get rid of it.  

You would think they would have learned a lesson when it got back to them.   Nope!

Now they are threatening to call the police on customers.  A customer with a "flash hider" on their AR was not allowed to leave the facility with his rifle. If they attempted to leave the facility with the rifle a call to the police was threatened.

The customer backed down and left the firearm.  Freedom Ammo charged the customers $200 to remove the "flash hider" and install a random brake on the gun, before they could pick it up.

There are so many better ways both these situations could have been handled.

Think carefully about where you spend your money.

Link Posted: 11/16/2023 11:43:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried to be polite and neutral in the last thread, but actually threatening to call the police on your customer  

Advise the customer of the law, offer to fix item (and disclose cost up front), if customer declines ask them to leave the store, and if you are really butthurt tell them not to come back.

I had already stopped doing business with them over the mag confiscations, but will now make sure everyone I know is aware of this.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess ill never be going there lol , its why i dont shoot much at all in NJ. but some PA places pull similar shit.
just different circumstances.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes the "Range Nazi's" I've seen seem lame.
Shame on them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck that place!

Avoid... Avoid... Avoid...
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Never heard of the place. Shrugs.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 10:07:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By totalabuse:
Never heard of the place. Shrugs.
View Quote
Used to be a great range when it was Eagle Eye. Founded by another ex chief of police, who is my neighbor and a good guy.  Went through some other owners, who were great as well.

I was a member over 20 years ago until Hauge bought it and trippled the price, and started the shenanigans.

Was hopeful when Freedon Ammo bought it from Hauge.  Unfortunately Glenn can't remember he is not a cop anymore.

Hope all is well with you and your family!
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#8]
What? No reply from NjJoniGuy?

Sup fellas?
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By JoelK:
Used to be a great range when it was Eagle Eye. Founded by another ex chief of police, who is my neighbor and a good guy.  Went through some other owners, who were great as well.

I was a member over 20 years ago until Hauge bought it and trippled the price, and started the shenanigans.

Was hopeful when Freedon Ammo bought it from Hauge.  Unfortunately Glenn can't remember he is not a cop anymore.

Hope all is well with you and your family!
View Quote

Got it, EE & Hauge, didn't know it changed names again. Life is good over here, hope the same for you and yours
Originally Posted By AZ_Raptor:

Sup fellas?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AZ_Raptor:

Sup fellas?
View Quote
It takes some time to print out the thread, bring it to Glenn, get the proper talking points (lies) and then post them for Freedom
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#11]
LOL
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By totalabuse:

Got it, EE & Hauge, didn't know it changed names again. Life is good over here, hope the same for you and yours

View Quote
Glad to hear things are well.

I am currently house shopping in free states, mostly TN and KY.  
As soon as we find the right place I am finally out of NJ!
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 11:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By NZT:
Good luck and all the best....

Question: Isn't it a bit tending towards tornados or are you north of that?
View Quote
Thanks!  Hoping to find something on 15+ wooded acres where I can shoot in my own yard.

Mostly looking in the eastern hilly/mountainous areas so not too big of a threat.

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:27:54 AM EDT
[#15]

As soon as we find the right place I am finally out of NJ!
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:00:03 PM EDT
[#16]
SC is a nice place to move to....
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By intercooler:
SC is a nice place to move to....
View Quote

SHhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By johnQpublik:

SHhhhhhhh
View Quote

They didn't tell you yet, as soon as you hit the mason Dixon line, on all the interstates that have signs posted..

You'll we are sorry but we are full, turn around and go back where you came from.. We cant take anymore Dam Yankees.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By cviss:

They didn't tell you yet, as soon as you hit the mason Dixon line, on all the interstates that have signs posted..

You'll we are sorry but we are full, turn around and go back where you came from.. We cant take anymore Dam Yankees.
View Quote

OK. we will let our gun friendly friends stuck behind enemy lines know that NC/SC is full.

this way all you get is the NY liberals moving down there.......
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoelK] [#20]
Well you guys in the Carolinas, inviting or not, are safe.

We drove thousands of miles checking out different states, and really narrowed it down to TN or KY.  

When we got serious about houses we were having trouble finding what we wanted.  

Finally found a place: house we liked, on the side of a hill with a nice view, wrap around porch, rural, just under 20 acres, pond, stream, 1600+ sq ft garage for me, and 600 sq ft she shed for my girlfriend.
Taxes are a fraction of what we pay now.

Closed one day, got my temp paper KY license the next morning, bought a pistol, while constitutionally carrying, that the afternoon. Sighted it in on my property. Should be able to do 250 or 300 yard range.  Will also be able to shoot rifle off of my back porch.

I will miss all of the good guys and girls I knew and shot with over the years in NJ, but it sure does feel good to escape!
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Congratulations JoelK, sounds like you found your little slice of heaven. For anyone else considering a similar jump, here's the yearly United Van Lines movers survey.

New Jersey ranked #1 in people moving out.

link

Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:11:47 AM EDT
[#22]
I will miss all of the good guys and girls I knew and shot with over the years in NJ, but it sure does feel good to escape!
View Quote

+1000000
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#24]
the south is much nicer than people up north think...lots of good paying jobs too
i regret not moving sooner
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NZT:

All the best to you and family.
View Quote

Thanks, best to you and yours as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top