Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2024 6:17:36 PM EDT
From an email they sent to members:

Dear Zoo Friends,

We're pleased to share some important news about an upcoming enhancement to our main entrance that will further ensure the safety and security of everyone visiting the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.

Beginning Friday, March 8, crews will work to construct the Guest Entry Security Pavilion, which will house the EVOLV security system like the system currently in place at Zoombezi Bay. This investment, totaling $1.4 million and made possible by our State leaders, aims to enhance our safety and security measures.

During the construction period, which is expected to last a few months, please be aware that there will be temporary changes to the pathways leading into the Zoo. We have provided a map to help familiarize you with the temporary path, ensuring your visit is as smooth and enjoyable as possible.

We understand that construction may cause some inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Our priority is to provide a secure and enjoyable environment for all our guests, and we are confident that this enhancement will contribute to that goal.

We will keep you updated on the progress of the project and any changes that may affect your visit. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation as we work to enhance the safety of our Zoo.
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Well.  Shit
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:14:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't this illegal? The zoo is partially funded by tax payer money so it is basically a public park. ORC 9.68 says you can not ban firearms in a park.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Was this even a problem at the zoo? I know it's in the middle of a shit hole but maybe i missed all the headlines that talked about the huge amount of crime at the zoo and the endless amounts of guns and stuff being brought in that metal detectors would prevent.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MJL99:
Was this even a problem at the zoo? I know it's in the middle of a shit hole but maybe i missed all the headlines that talked about the huge amount of crime at the zoo and the endless amounts of guns and stuff being brought in that metal detectors would prevent.
View Quote

I don’t think I would call it a shithole. North of the outer belt near Dublin ain’t bad digs.

I can’t recall any problems previously that would require metal detectors. I think a nut job tried to run from the police last year and was taken down in the parking lot. But that is it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 3:41:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vaughn4380] [#5]
10 TV article

LOL, the morons admit the system misses things and won’t even detect knives. This is worth $1.4 Million.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 9:51:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up!
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top