Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2018 8:04:01 AM EDT

Admittedly, I have never been in a German Court of Law. But for the past 40 years, I had been in various state and Federal courts of law in America (OH, TX, NC) before I retired. Each separate state of the union had it's own case law and statutory law; the Federal system also had its own as well. But--and this is my point--it all "hung together" on some basic procedures (rules) and principals (constitutions) which allowed one to predict, with some degree of clarity, the correctness or violation of some rule or principal. Easy-peasy it was not, but it seemed to work.

The German legal system, I am told is:

The Law of Germany (German: Recht Deutschlands), that being the modern German legal system (German: Deutsches Rechtssystem), is a system of civil law which is founded on the principles laid out by the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany, though many of the most important laws, for example most regulations of the civil code (Bürgerliches Gesetzbuch, or BGB) were developed prior to the 1949 constitution. It is composed of public law (öffentliches Recht), which regulates the relations between a citizen/person and the state (including criminal law) or two bodies of the state and the private law (Privatrecht) which regulates the relations between two people or companies. It has been subject to a wide array of influences from Roman law, such as the Corpus Juris Civilis, to Napoleonic law, such as the Napoleonic Code.
View Quote
Similarly, it appears to me that the German system works in the same ways: Germany's legal system is a civilian system whose highest source of law is the 1949 Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany (which serves as the nation's constitution), which sets up the modern judiciary, but the law adjudicated in court comes from the German Codes; thus, German law is primarily codal in nature.

Yet, now, as we speak and reason together, The Federal Court of Justice (Bundesgerichtshof), Germany's highest court, has ruled that a new law that bans child marriage is unconstitutional because all marriages, including Sharia-based child marriages, are protected by Germany's Basic Law.

How, may I ask, can a Middle Eastern religious-based "legal" system from the 7th century, invade an advanced European legal system of the 21st century, such as Germany's?

The gulf between legal concepts, rules, and principals is enormous, let alone the clash of cultures and enormous distances of two geographical areas, cultures, traditions, and peoples. This seems, in my opinion, a calamity in the making. You cannot mix oil with water.

German Law Banning Child Marriages Ruled Unconstitutional

Points to consider:

The ruling, which effectively opens the door to legalizing Sharia-based child marriages in Germany, is one of a growing number of instances in which German courts are — wittingly or unwittingly — promoting the establishment of a parallel Islamic legal system in the country.

"Germany cannot, on the one hand, be against child marriages internationally, and on the other hand, be for such marriages in our own country. The best interests of the child cannot be compromised in this case. (...) This is about the constitutionally established protection of children and minors!" — Winfried Bausback, Bavarian lawmaker who helped draft the law against child marriage.

"We should consider one more thing: judgments are made 'in the name of the people.' This people has clearly expressed through its representatives in the Bundestag that it no longer wants to recognize child marriage." — Commentator Andreas von Delhaes-Guenther.
View Quote

"What are these people thinking? ARE they thinking?..."

Verrückt, nicht wahr?
Link Posted: 5/18/2019 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
This is going to get interesting. I almost feel sorry for the 'real' Germans. If this can fly, what's next.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:03:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, yes. Verrückt.
The fastest and easiest way to answer this is: cause we lost the war we need to feel guility for everything and if you don´t, you are a Nazi.
Since you dont want to be a Nazi, you rather feel guilty and let our guests do what they like to do. Cause if you dont, you are propably a Nazi.
And yes its insane and you can not explain it with common sence.
Cheers
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
And even if you're not a Nazi, you're still White, thus guilty of oppression.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top