Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2023 6:36:17 PM EDT
Headed to Destin in a week.  Have taken both I-20 and I-10, found I-10 down in the LA stretches past 49 to be…..rough at best.

So, my point being, is I-10 Alexandria - Mobile any better since they started working on it  a few years ago?   Been at least 3 yrs since Ive been on that stretch, deciding which way will be better.  

Either way, I’ll be avoiding Jackson, caus fuck Jackson.  That town is a shithole of epic proportions.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 8:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scotchymcdrinkerbean] [#1]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
Headed to Destin in a week.  Have taken both I-20 and I-10, found I-10 down in the LA stretches past 49 to be…..rough at best.

So, my point being, is I-10 Alexandria - Mobile any better since they started working on it  a few years ago?   Been at least 3 yrs since Ive been on that stretch, deciding which way will be better.  

Either way, I’ll be avoiding Jackson, caus fuck Jackson.  That town is a shithole of epic proportions.
View Quote

I can only really speak to the B.R. to MS stretch through New Orleans and the surrounding area, but as of yesterday it was looking pretty good.  Mind you, there's a lot of rush hour traffic, but DOTD starts ripping up 10 in B.R. it's pretty clear.  Monday I can update on Mobile to New Orleans, as I will be traversing that on my way back from GA, so should have an idea of how it looks on the other side of the road.

ETA:  Went N.O. to B.R. to pick up a cat to transport to Huntsville before heading to GA---just wanted to clarify that I am not insane for purposes of evaluating my reported observations.  I mean, I certainly wouldn't take anyone seriously who went through B.R. from N.O. on the way to GA.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#2]
@BladedRonin

10E from 65 in Mobile looked fine all the way to around the 4 mile marker in Hancock County MS, where things turned into a parking lot for 10W for no reason I could detect.  Once it was and I was on the Pearl River bridge heading into LA it looked as if the same thing had happened and was clearing up on 10E at around that point in MS, but I not been able to find an explanation.  Otherwise looked good from 65 in Mobile to New Orleans.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 6:44:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
BR traffic can get pretty awful. The downtown bridge handles about 130k vehicles a day and it shows. Tons of 18-wheeler traffic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top