Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2024 2:06:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ReconRover]
Howdy all,

The wife and I live in Colorado (not natives), and are pretty much fed up with the cost of living, liberal gun laws, homeless based crime, and this sanctuary city BS turning into organized crime gangs.    It's a beautiful state, but man oh man, you just bend over and take it here on multiple fronts.

What are the communities within 30 mins of Huntsville that are worth looking at (that actually have a downtown, and a good community)?  

If we decided to stick with Huntsville proper, what are some good communities to look at?

Best Korean restaurants in town?   We are addicted to them.   Best BBQ in town?    Best gunshot and/or range in town?

Probably coming to visit in June

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Just had a coworker move here and he went with the Hartselle area.  Small town, 30 min from HSV.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
What I suggest is read the thread below titled "Huntsville". Lots of good info. I've been in the area since about 1966. Any questions ask away.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#3]
i grew up 30 mins away from HSV in decatur. good downtown area. big bob gibsons is the BBQ of choice. Great gun store in HSV is Larrys pistol and pawn. two locations.

Couple stores have indoor ranges in HSV.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I know you've probably heard this plenty of times before
so please dont take it personally
but
Im going to say it anyway

DO NOT bring any of the northern or leftist mentality
here

Alabama is one of the last few
free states left in the union
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:31:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top