Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2023 10:10:34 PM EDT
With all the craziness going on I'm trying to convince my son to buy a pistol.  Gun store recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s a couple of gun stores in Livermore, j and r and solar tactical.  Solar also has a store in Castro valley that is close to another fun store elite armory. J and R is your typical old school gun store where as solar tends to cater to what I would assume is a you get crowd with a lot more ar and ak rifles and typical accessories.  He will need to go into either store and take the gun safety course which is a very easy 25 question test.  Honestly with how screwed we are here in ca with the roster he will need to call around and find out who has any stock of something he might be interested in.  

He may have better luck heading into the valley but I unfortunately can’t give you any insight on what would be a good place to go.  

Edit: a google search shows that there is another gun store in Livermore east bay firearms.  I have no experience with them.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Wherever he goes have him make sure the shop will release on an undetermined background check. Almost all big box type places won’t. CA BOF has been playing the delay game lately and after 30 days of delay your background check is considered “undetermined” the shop can release the firearm to you at that point, but some won’t.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info above.

Solar Tactical are very knowledgeable guys, mostly mil vets.  

J&R have always been very helpful.

Can't speak to the other shop.

If your son is unsure about what he would like to purchase  he could rent a few in Dublin or Tracy.  They usually will not rent to a solo individual (suicide risk).  One of us locals would be glad to go with him and let him try the gear we have.  PM if interested.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Solar Tactical is my favorite. There are a few others.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for Solar Tactical.  Nice crew working there. J&R is where I bought my first AR (Daniel Defense). There is a fairly new shop on First St, EastBay Firearms, that has good reviews though I have not been there yet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DSTRBD_ONE:
There is a fairly new shop on First St, EastBay Firearms, that has good reviews though I have not been there yet.
View Quote

The owner recently shot and killer someone tying to rob the place in the middle of the day. Could probably use some support.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By blownfour:

The owner recently shot and killer someone tying to rob the place in the middle of the day. Could probably use some support.
View Quote

I saw that, a retard with a hammer tried to rob the store.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 3:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Late response to your post but if you're ever near Vallejo, check out Triple A Sporting Goods. Their inventory blows big box stores away!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top