Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 3:32:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandi]
I haven't been to a gun show in probably 12+ years so I don't know if this is normal or not.  I was looking at an advertisement for the Outdoor Traders gun show and saw that they don't allow concealed carry in the show. Just seems odd that a pro 2A organization would ban concealed carry but maybe this is this a state law thing?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:03:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockSpeed31] [#1]
You just can't have a loaded weapon or loose ammo on you. A few years ago there was a little boy, about 7-9 years old that was accidentally shot in the head by a dumbass vendor trying to his gun to the boys father. The boy died. As long as I have been going to gun shows (30 plus years), it has always been no loaded firearms or loose ammo allowed by attendees. The vendors are allowed to have loaded and holstered.

Also, the selection of customers at the gun shows has changed a lot. Walk behind some of these people and you have a good chance to get a contact high from them blazing up before coming in.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
We stopped working gun shows a few years ago after a vendor had a negligent discharge with his "unloaded" carry gun.

That's the second time in my life I saw a human stampede.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:35:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WGTactical] [#3]
Been many years since I have been. Back in the day the one at the Cobb County Civic Center was good...lots of really nice weaponry and always a nice selection of HK's of all varieties. First time I had seen pictogram lowers and it was love at first sight.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:37:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I use to help man the GCO booth at shows back in the early years of GCO. It was that way you could have an empty Gun in your holster but no ammo on you. It was that hypocrisy that I used to point out to many potential members as well as the many other things GCO was working on.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:20:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at a gun show many years ago where there was a negligent discharge. It was super loud but nobody ran anywhere and fortunately no one was injured.  

I guess I'm torn on this, if people are supposed to be trusted to carry a gun everywhere and generally do these days with no problems, how is carrying in a gun show any different? There shouldn't be any more danger between carrying responsibly in a grocery store or church than at a gun show.  As long as there's a rule that carry guns or magazines can never be removed from their holsters it shouldn't be a problem.  If someone was going to sneak ammo in they are going to do anyway.  Seems like banning concealed carry does nothing to alleviate any danger while also leaving everyone defenseless should some nutter do something crazy.  Basically the classic gun free zone argument.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2tom2:
I use to help man the GCO booth at shows back in the early years of GCO. It was that way you could have an empty Gun in your holster but no ammo on you. It was that hypocrisy that I used to point out to many potential members as well as the many other things GCO was working on.
View Quote

I'm not familiar with GCO, what does that stand for?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 12:30:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Brandi:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brandi:
Originally Posted By 2tom2:

https://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By cda97:

https://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Concealed is concealed, I have carried a gun at 20+ gun shows with no issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top