Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2024 1:26:07 PM EDT
Jumped into the suppressor world and now I want to suppress my hunting rifle. I use a Browning Hell's Canyon in 300WM with a 26" barrel, I'd like to drop it to 22"or so and put my new OCL Hydrogen S on it, probably just direct thread.

Anybody have a good gunsmith who can cut, crown, and thread a barrel and keep everything concentric and accurate?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:06:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BullpupFan] [#1]
Originally Posted By Lhotse:
Jumped into the suppressor world and now I want to suppress my hunting rifle. I use a Browning Hell's Canyon in 300WM with a 26" barrel, I'd like to drop it to 22"or so and put my new OCL Hydrogen S on it, probably just direct thread.

Anybody have a good gunsmith who can cut, crown, and thread a barrel and keep everything concentric and accurate?
View Quote

Send it off to @EastTXhunter https://class3machining.com/, IME it will come back MUCH quicker and much better done than the typical "local guy".  No experience in your neck of the woods, but the guy local to me who came highly recommended took months (tripling his estimated time), cost more, and did a so-so job.  Morgan OTOH even counting shipping both ways was under 2 weeks IIRC, cheaper, and absolutely perfect results.  I know it seems like local is better, but my personal experience is quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! I'll give him a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top