Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2024 8:12:04 PM EDT
Was told to post this here in the hopes of a local being able to help.

I've never been involved in any type of legal issue so I've never had to look around for a lawyer.  I need to discuss a business issue with one that involves a place in Reidsville, North Carolina, I'm in Idaho.  It's a 3rd party reseller that I have inventory with and they breached their contract and now won't respond to any messages.  We are talking about 6 figures worth of money/inventory being held so not a small claims issue.

Reply here or PM me if someone can help, or point me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:18:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack19] [#1]
Try the Essex Richards firm in Charlotte.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 7:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jack19:
Try the Essex Richards firm in Charlotte.
View Quote

Do you have experience with them?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend somewhere other than Reidsville to obtain an attorney. Most likely the other party is either friends with or family of most attorneys in Reidsville if that is where he is. Reidsville is a very small town and everyone knows each other. And being in/from Idaho ain’t going to help you there, that’s just the way it is. I used to live in that area.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rebel_rifle:
I would recommend somewhere other than Reidsville to obtain an attorney. Most likely the other party is either friends with or family of most attorneys in Reidsville if that is where he is. Reidsville is a very small town and everyone knows each other. And being in/from Idaho ain’t going to help you there, that’s just the way it is. I used to live in that area.
View Quote

Thank you, that's the kind of info I'm looking for.

The business isn't from there though and they just relocated from Virginia.  One of those move and change names type deals
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
James, McElroy & Diehl in Charlotte.  They're expensive but will get whatever you need done.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 8:47:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump so hopefully someone closer can give you a more local suggestion. From my experience local lawyers don't normally travel much outside of their home county unless well big money and probably not great at that.

Womble Carlyle and I think Sandridge now in Winston Salem is a lot closer, corporate firm and not cheap. My family's business has used them in the past and they did well. If you need to PM feel free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top