Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2024 9:05:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronin72] [#1]
Maybe?

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/due-process-is-necessary-holton-township-forms-militia-in-effort-to-protect-citizens-2nd-amendment-rights

On November 14, Holton Township passed a resolution deeming it a Second Amendment sanctuary township.

While that move was a symbolic gesture to voice their opposition to the new regulations, they added on an addendum— the township formed a militia.
View Quote

Jager says they have no plans to establish a truly on-the-ground armed militia in Muskegon County, but says there will be safety protocols in place to join on paper.
View Quote

He says this is by no means an invitation for unlawful behavior in the township.

“Anything that the state or federal government passes, I'm telling you, you can't come to Holton and think you're gonna get away with something...No, you're going to jail,” he added.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:45:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
Maybe?

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/due-process-is-necessary-holton-township-forms-militia-in-effort-to-protect-citizens-2nd-amendment-rights

He says this is by no means an invitation for unlawful behavior in the township.

"Anything that the state or federal government passes, I'm telling you, you can't come to Holton and think you're gonna get away with something...No, you're going to jail," he added.

View Quote
What's the point then?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By madmathew:
What's the point then?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madmathew:
Originally Posted By Ronin72:
Maybe?

"Anything that the state or federal government passes, I'm telling you, you can't come to Holton and think you're gonna get away with something...No, you're going to jail," he added.

What's the point then?

I'm wondering that myself
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Good luck with that. Cities don't get to establish state or federal law or deny its existence once established.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
Good luck with that. Cities don't get to establish state or federal law or deny its existence once established.
View Quote

I mean.  They do. Just not legally.  
Link Posted: Yesterday 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top