Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2024 2:31:23 PM EDT

"Legal" Confiscation Starts February 2024

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully everything will get overturned by lawsuits.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Max429:
Hopefully everything will get overturned by lawsuits.
View Quote

Serious question, what lawsuits? Michigan appears to lack an effective gun rights organization. Where is the Michigan equal to FPC or CRPA?
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I am wrong, but from my understanding, the "universal background check" law is similar to the pistol purchase permit and therefore doesn't necessarily mean an ffl's involvement?
Now of course its a gross infringement that will hopefully be overturned in a lawsuit, or will see little to no compliance.

Michigan seems to be lacking in all fronts regarding libertarian/conservative politics and gun rights groups, I think sending requests to FPC, GOA, or NAGR to start a lawsuit in MI will be our best bet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:55:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Did some more reading on MGO
It appears the new "universal background check" law "requires" a purchase permit same cpl vs non cpl and out of state exception deal, if pistol seller now is "required" to send in police copy if long gun no copy to pd.
If caught $250 dollar fine, so in all its pretty simple don't comply
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been waiting for a good explanation. Will do some research.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:52:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By edcarPT:
I've been waiting for a good explanation. Will do some research.
View Quote

Here is a link to MGO I have found this to be a decent source of info, there is also another forum on MGO called legal beagle.

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?221-Legislative-Lighthouse
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 7:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bebop_941] [#7]
Not blaming the OP, but this video has a number of errors.

- all new firearms purchases do not have to go through a FFL and be on a 4473

- the safe storage law does not tell you what you have to do with your property.  It only lays out penalties, IF you store a firearm improperly and only IF a minor obtains it, and then only IF said minor uses it a certain way.

- the MI domestic violence law is actually less strict than the federal restrictions that already exist for individuals with misdemeanor domestic violence convictions.

It's shitty how these videos try and scare people by making these laws sound worse than they really are while failing to mention already existing laws that are actually worse.

Because I'll catch shit from the shrieking alarmists saying I must "support" these laws because I point out their misinformation, I find these new laws to be a disgusting display of posturing from shamless politicians trying to look tough on guns to stupid, antigun voters.  It's a grift.  That said, we should be spanking their collective asses of this but the 2A movement in MI is weak.  My issue is with further misinforming an already grossly misinformed electorate.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 8:14:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By tylermar:

Here is a link to MGO I have found this to be a decent source of info, there is also another forum on MGO called legal beagle.

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?221-Legislative-Lighthouse
View Quote

That's helpful. Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bebop_941:
Not blaming the OP, but this video has a number of errors.

- all new firearms purchases do not have to go through a FFL and be on a 4473

- the safe storage law does not tell you what you have to do with your property.  It only lays out penalties, IF you store a firearm improperly and only IF a minor obtains it, and then only IF said minor uses it a certain way.

- the MI domestic violence law is actually less strict than the federal restrictions that already exist for individuals with misdemeanor domestic violence convictions.

It's shitty how these videos try and scare people by making these laws sound worse than they really are while failing to mention already existing laws that are actually worse.

Because I'll catch shit from the shrieking alarmists saying I must "support" these laws because I point out their misinformation, I find these new laws to be a disgusting display of posturing from shamless politicians trying to look tough on guns to stupid, antigun voters.  It's a grift.  That said, we should be spanking their collective asses of this but the 2A movement in MI is weak.  My issue is with further misinforming an already grossly misinformed electorate.
View Quote

I don't know who this guy is, it just showed up in my 'feed' -which is odd as I hardly every watch gun vids. (actually watched it in preview mode, skipping through it until I saw stuff about MI).

I know there is fear monger rhetoric on "our side" too, but with it being Clown World, anything is possible.  It wouldn't shock me that they try to make an example out of someone right off the bat though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top