Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2023 5:45:52 PM EDT
So my wife and I went to Shreveport, Bossier on Monday. I been promising her some good cajun cooking.
We went to Ralph and Kacoo's for lunch. Pricey but great food and excellent service. Then on the way home we went to Herby K's and took home some po boys.

We have some "cajun" joints in Dallas, but we were looking for some authentic cajun food. Do we have to go to Houma?

I've worked with a man whose last name was pronounced A-bear,  He was the real thing. My God, I wish I would have had him show me some tricks to cajun cooking.

Wife  ( mid-west ) yankee don't do too much spice, but for me it's a " bring it on ".  Any place near Alexandria or Baton Rouge?

We honeymooned in Orleans and have been back, but not in the last 15 years. Always loved driving a semi across the Huey P Long!
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Parrains in BR is quite legit.

Katschners in Krotz Springs for boudin.

Jerry lees for beef jerky or boudin

Chris’ Specialty meats in BR for crackling
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 7/6/2023 8:56:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Logan45] [#3]
There are a lot of good places for boudin along I 10 near Lafayette.  Billy's is my personal favorite, but you really can't go wrong with any of the big names like Don's, Best Stop, etc.  

Feezo's would be my pick for Cajun food, but really there are a lot of great smaller places that have plate lunches, other specials and such.  Hopefully some of the other guys can chime in and recommend some places.  

If you're looking to cook some Cajun dishes I might be able to steer you in the right direction.

ETA:  You probably won't find much "Cajun" in Alexandria.  Head south and east from there and  you'll get it.  

Last time I asked my Baton Rouge cousin about good places to eat, she recommended Parrain's and Mike Anderson's there.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I would head to the Lafayette area on a festival weekend and plan on eating and dancing.
Lots of great places to eat.
Check out Foodies of Lafayette group on FB.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top