Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2024 2:23:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darrellbear]
Democrats and environmental justice advocates Thursday unveiled an ambitious package of ozone-fighting bills that would “pause” oil and gas drilling in summer months, set caps on miles driven in gasoline-powered cars and increase pollution fines for “repeat offenders” like the Suncor refinery.

A bill with some similar ozone-fighting provisions was gutted in the 2023 legislative session, but advocates say an interim legislative committee since then has landed broader buy-in at the Capitol for tough ozone measures. Consent from Gov. Jared Polis’ administration is also key to any air quality bills advancing.

“This is the time,” Rep. Jennifer Bacon said during a spirited Capitol press conference with a wide coalition of sponsoring legislators and community groups. “Colorado is demanding that breathing not be dangerous.”

Oil and gas interests immediately signaled a battle, renewing their claims that regulations passed in recent years will make a big dent in ozone components in coming years. Trade groups say environmental advocates want to end all oil and gas activity, which oil and gas officials argue is key to the Colorado economy. A bill was introduced earlier this month that would back a ban on all new oil drilling after 2030, though it has been assigned to an unfriendly committee in the state Senate and is not backed by the same broad environmental coalition.

Capitol Republicans also vowed to fight the ozone measures.
View Quote

https://coloradosun.com/2024/02/22/colorado-ozone-emissions-new-bills/

Try to tell me when and how much I can drive my car?  
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 3:36:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#1]
“This is the time,” Rep. Jennifer Bacon said during a spirited Capitol press conference with a wide coalition of sponsoring legislators and community groups. “Colorado is demanding that breathing not be dangerous.”
View Quote

What a bunch of rhetorical bullshit.

Bear in mind, that ^ is the WORLD amount per 100,000 people. Which includes China and India. Where you stand a very good chance of dying from breathing actual, no shit poison gas.

So few people die from breathing air, its a statistic rounding error at this point. We have cleaner air now than in the last 100 years in this country.

All they want to do is further an agenda.

I'll drive my car, that I bought and paid taxes on the sale, pay yearly taxes at registration, and pay taxes for when I put oil in it, gas in it, tires on it, etc etc etc. All those green initiative taxes here in CO didn't accomplish their "cLeAn aIr" agenda already? I'll drive whenever I please thankyouverymuch. Lick my asshole.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#2]
How the fuck are they planning on capping miles driven? Fuck them I’ll do whatever the fuck I want. As a matter of fact. Imma go burn some av gas this afternoon. And it’s leaded. So again fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Luddites, useful idiots and petty tyrants support that kind of malfeasance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top