Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2023 10:17:33 PM EDT
How y'all feeling this season?

The BYU loss was nuts; when we got the ball back, I just knew we were gonna pull out a miracle. Oh well.

This LSU game is entertaining but I figure we will be outplayed at the end.

I think wins against Auburn, Miss St, FIU and maybe Mizzou. A&M is a toss up.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That LSU game pissed me off.  Hogs got into the red zone twice early and couldn't finish it.  6 points instead of 14. Those were crucial mistakes.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to the A&M game.
We lost Hasz for the season, our best receiver by far.
Crappy and predictable play calling.
The offensive line play was "poor". Seven sacks and 1.1 yds/carry.
I thought when Pittman was hired we would recruit and have an awesome OL. Man was that wrong.
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 4:44:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rippr334] [#3]
Yeah I was there too. It was a brutal game and we still managed to not lose massively. The score did us a favor bc we played terrible.

AM was basically moving at will on offensive. Our offense had a gazillion third downs.

There's a rumor floating that KJ is hurt; supposedly they drained fluid off his knee before BYU.

I kinda wonder if the Oline isn't a little disgruntled about all the NIL money KJ gets.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
What a mess of a season.

Went to the Florida game with zero expectation of winning and we pulled it out.

Then just laid egg after egg at home.

I am glad we are going to keep Pittman but I expect to see widespread coach replacement.

I really feel like this is all due to the NIL stuff with KJ. The big uglies have never gotten the love that QBs, WRs and RBs get but playing this poorly bc of low NIL money is childish.

Link Posted: 11/25/2023 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Well it sure has been an ugly season.

I live like two minutes from Missouri, worked in Mac county for several years, know quite a few people up that way.

I hate losing to damn Mizzou.

I'll take that Florida game tho!
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IronColon:
Well it sure has been an ugly season.

I live like two minutes from Missouri, worked in Mac county for several years, know quite a few people up that way.

I hate losing to damn Mizzou.

I'll take that Florida game tho!
View Quote

Yeah for me it's the Aggies. So many of those cultists work with me, it's nuts.

Oh well,. hopefully we get some stuff figured out in the offseason or we will be hunting a new hc
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IronColon] [#7]
Originally Posted By rippr334:

Yeah for me it's the Aggies. So many of those cultists work with me, it's nuts.

Oh well,. hopefully we get some stuff figured out in the offseason or we will be hunting a new hc
View Quote

They are a cult! Ha ha! Hate A&M too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#8]
There have been uglier seasons, but this one sure went poorly... and then they re-upped the coach?..
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By IronColon:

They are a cult! Ha ha! Hate A&M too.
View Quote

You know how you get 15 Aggies in a compact car?
Wipe a Booger on the dashboard!
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:
There have been uglier seasons, but this one sure went poorly... and then they re-upped the coach?..
View Quote

I think firing a coach after his first terrible season (season without a bowl for the Hogs) is a poor precedent to set.

I figure if we got a new coach, we would have a rough season or two FOR SURE vs a maybe bad season next year.

I dunno, I'm not an AD.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#11]

I think firing a coach after his first terrible season (season without a bowl for the Hogs) is a poor precedent to set.

I figure if we got a new coach, we would have a rough season or two FOR SURE vs a maybe bad season next year.

I dunno, I'm not an AD.
View Quote

Neither am I.
I was a student there when Frank Broyles was the Head Coach.
Arkansas really lacks when it compares to some of its competitors in football... not just this year, but every year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 2:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhatsGnu] [#12]
Double post.
I think Arkansas football suffers from leadership above the coach and ad level, though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 2:03:58 PM EDT
[#13]

I dunno, I'm not an AD.
View Quote

Neither am I.
I was a student there when Frank Broyles was the Head Coach.
Arkansas really lacks when it compares to some of its competitors in football... not just this year, but every year.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Disappointed, of course. But, I think it will turn around next year.

Losing Enos was a good start. Whether Kennedy goes is yet to be seen.

(My uneducated opinion) realistically, we should start expecting 8-9 wins a year with one above that one below every four years. We just can't compete with the big boys on NIL.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 8:57:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Lack of NIL is going to kill the football program.
We will never compete w the big money program supporters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top