Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2024 5:46:05 PM EDT
Who are you guys using for homeowners and vehicle insurance in Alabama? I currently use State Farm and have used them since I was 16, 38 now.  Rates have been going up over the past year or two which seems par for the course nationwide.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Be glad you are in AL and not FL. Our rates escalate every day and are stupid expensive. What a racket.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I’m sure yours is way higher. Just sucks consumers are getting nickeled and dimed every time you turn around.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:42:08 AM EDT
[#3]
We are currently using Afla Insurance. Rates are good. Our agent is Rob Austin. We are up here South of Huntsville. (256) 640-1525 is Rob's number. Tell him josh Forrest sent you.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:08:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I talked to my local Alfa agent and he was very helpful. I’m gonna go sit down with him next week and compare what I have. Initially they are a little more than I’m paying currently.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 12:46:02 AM EDT
[#5]
I've come to believe that the rates are all make-believe.  We're jumping from SafeCo, who had been absolutely fantastic up to now, to State Farm because they're smoking their rates.  The only thing I've seen consistently is AllState being the most expensive.  We've come to the conclusion that we're just going to shop around every couple of years.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jfor:
We are currently using Afla Insurance. Rates are good. Our agent is Rob Austin. We are up here South of Huntsville. (256) 640-1525 is Rob's number. Tell him josh Forrest sent you.
View Quote

If that’s the Rob Austin I’m thinking of, he played some college football for Troy back in the early 2000s.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

If that’s the Rob Austin I’m thinking of, he played some college football for Troy back in the early 2000s.
View Quote

One and the same!
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had AAA since 2021, and I've been happy.  Insurance is more of a side business for them.
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Going to finally see my local agent tomorrow. Been a busy couple weeks. In the meantime I got a renewal notice on my truck. Went up $80 this time. Meanwhile my State Farm agent has a $500k plus home and a brand new corvette and rotates trucks every year.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Rates are going to keep going up. There is nothing you can do about. Long story short the cost of car/house repairs skyrocketing and plaintiff attorneys on the loose means higher premiums.
Link Posted: Today 1:58:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Auto Owners has the best house quote for me. Waiting the car quote. Leaving State Farm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top