Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2024 8:36:22 AM EDT
Haven't been here for a while!  Just wanted to say hi!!

Looking like the NC HTF is a little quiet  

Y'all take care!

Wynn
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:14:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Philmore] [#1]
Getting pummeled by rain right now.  Wind and heavy rain.  Tornado warning to the north up thru Stokes and Rockingham counties.  On up into Virginia.  

Hope everyone is buttoned up and riding it out.

Eta: Howdy.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Blowing like crazy here... fields will be flooded by salt water by morning... Good times..

WP
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#3]
The NC forum has been quiet in recent years.  Used to be very active by a handful but life goes on for some.  I browse through 1x a month just to see if anything is going on.  

I personally have to find a new place to shoot.  The land ive been leasing just got sold.  Been shooting on this property for over 13 years.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 5:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Life in Carteret County is going well. Raising a family, working my business and trying to improve around the house.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 8:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Philmore:
Getting pummeled by rain right now.  Wind and heavy rain.  Tornado warning to the north up thru Stokes and Rockingham counties.  On up into Virginia.  

Hope everyone is buttoned up and riding it out.

Eta: Howdy.
View Quote

A county away but just listening to the rain. I think wind is supposed to start later..

Survived Tuesday storm. Hope this one goes well also for everyone.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 9:08:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Western end of the state still clicking along. Currently building a Colt 605 clone. The cancer of Asheville plus the continuing invasion by political refugees from blue states makes day to day less pleasant at times but it's my home.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By oldcatawba:
Western end of the state still clicking along. Currently building a Colt 605 clone. The cancer of Asheville plus the continuing invasion by political refugees from blue states makes day to day less pleasant at times but it's my home.
View Quote
Beautiful country.. too bad they have ruined Ashville.. I am almost as far East are you are West...
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 9:51:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wparkinson:
Beautiful country.. too bad they have ruined Ashville.. I am almost as far East are you are West...
View Quote
My folks have owned a place down in Brunswick county since the late 80's. Wife unit and I were out with a realtor back before Thanksgiving out of Ocean Isle. Had it planned out to sell here and move down there because I thought it was bad up here. Developers have ruined that area, Shallotte, Supply, Bolivia. I loved that area because it still felt rural beach, now apartments and housing developments everywhere. I'm just going to stay put and make the best of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:40:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I hear its gonna get cold here this weekend.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File
No wind at least for now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#11]
outstanding heat wave of 8 degrees..

Have no worries hell is freezing over...
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#12]
My folks have owned a place down in Brunswick county since the late 80's. Wife unit and I were out with a realtor back before Thanksgiving out of Ocean Isle. Had it planned out to sell here and move down there because I thought it was bad up here. Developers have ruined that area, Shallotte, Supply, Bolivia. I loved that area because it still felt rural beach, now apartments and housing developments everywhere. I'm just going to stay put and make the best of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wparkinson:

I liked Brunswick Co. as well.  Wife's grandparents (from WNC) had a small 2nd home near Calabash that they sold about three years ago.  They were getting too old to continuously make the trip down, but would come down almost once a month.  Being stationed at Camp Lejeune while AD, and now civil service, we would often go see them.  Nice rural area, even along the Hwy 17 corridor.  Then Brunswick, just out of Wilmington built up, and last few years it's really took off.  I'd thought about getting a retirement place down that way.  Not now.

Being from WNC and then the Marine Corps bringing me to the coast, I've got to see a bunch of change in both places.   Not living in WNC, going back only a few times a year (2-4, depending), and not going to every place each time, makes changes more readily apparent.  Not good change, either.  At least to me.  When I was younger, I thought I'd end up moving back to WNC.  Not now, too much change.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Know what you mean but other than Alaska I don't where else I'd want to live. I spent better part of three year at Ft. Wainwright and really liked Fairbanks but I'm sure it changed a lot as well. As a side note my house sold last week LOL. So now I get the treat of buying another house in the crazy WNC market as we've decided Brunswick is out sadly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top