Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2020 2:35:34 PM EDT
Just curious what it is like in your locale?

In Oklahoma City we are running pretty normal except there is a pretty serious run on the supermarkets.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
the big insane rush to the supermarkets has slowly calmed down since the govt declared full quarantine for the country: People are now allowed to leave the house only for work, food supply (1 member per family) and medical care.

supermarkets only allow 10-15 people at the time to go inside. wait time can be long depending on the area but at least there's less confusion inside.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
In Okkahoma we just shut the schools down.  But everything else is open.  Starbuck's wont allow you to sit in anymore.  Take out only.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Frens:
the big insane rush to the supermarkets has slowly calmed down since the govt declared full quarantine for the country: People are now allowed to leave the house only for work, food supply (1 member per family) and medical care.

supermarkets only allow 10-15 people at the time to go inside. wait time can be long depending on the area but at least there's less confusion inside.
View Quote
I bet the boredom is setting in.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By sherrick13:
View Quote
I’m lucky because the company I work for is still open.
But yeah the LEO are having hard time keeping people at home especially the younger students..
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm lucky because the company I work for is still open.
But yeah the LEO are having hard time keeping people at home especially the younger students..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sherrick13:
I'm lucky because the company I work for is still open.
I bet they are.

It has to be sureal seeing all the areas that are normally full of people being deserted.

Probably the first time since WWII.
Link Posted: 3/17/2020 6:10:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Frens] [#7]
We’re not known for following the rules in general.. this quarantine will drive us crazy

It’s surreal.
I’m in Lombardy where the traffic is a mess.. it usually takes me 40+ minutes to drive 15km to get to work... these days only 15mins

Looking out of the window It’s like a zombie apocalypse without the zombies.. no cars no noise nothing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Helsinki is a ghost town. Everyone is working remotely. Dog walking, playing the guitar and designing and building a case feeder for my Dillon Square Deal keeps me sane.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]
The past three days have really changed in OKC.  Traffic is light and many are staying home.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#10]
At the moment there have been small outbreaks, but it seems to me that it's a matter of time before I return, I hope not, anyway ... I hope this virus ends as soon as possible.

Link Posted: 7/28/2020 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Here in OK, everything is back open but they are trying to make everyone wear masks.

I refuse.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#12]
It's been fairly normal here the whole time. People who can work from home do so, and gatherings of more than 50 people are banned, but otherwise we're good. My gym has remained open the whole time.

The only ones I've seen wearing masks have been a handful of Asians.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By swede1986:
It's been fairly normal here the whole time. People who can work from home do so, and gatherings of more than 50 people are banned, but otherwise we're good. My gym has remained open the whole time.

The only ones I've seen wearing masks have been a handful of Asians.
View Quote
I think Sweden handled it the best out of the whole world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top