BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:14:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EarlB] [#1]
I'm the 5th generation of my family to live in Texas (3rd to be born and die here).  My Great, Great Grandpa and his family moved to West Texas (where I was born) after the Civil War.  Now I did have to live in Okahoma for 6 years and had my youngest son there 3 months before we moved back.  I give him a hard time for not holding out until we got back, got an Okie in the mix now.  Wife says that was not an option.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TAG_Match] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:

Now who can argue with that!?  I think we're all indebted to Buckshot Jim Johnson for stating what needed to be said.  I'm particularly glad that these lovely arfcom children were here today to hear that speech.  Not only was it authentic General Discussion gibberish, it expressed a courage not seen in this day and age.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter

Now who can argue with that!?  I think we're all indebted to Buckshot Jim Johnson for stating what needed to be said.  I'm particularly glad that these lovely arfcom children were here today to hear that speech.  Not only was it authentic General Discussion gibberish, it expressed a courage not seen in this day and age.

Harumpf!!

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Great grandpa Jack was Texan. I got here in Aug of 2022 to escape the disease of liberalism in WA state.

Feel like i should have always been here. A good portion of my adult life has been mirroring my great grampas life in erie and weird ways. I'm good with it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Me and my one brother were born here in Texas, my other brother and sister came to this great state in 1957 when my folks moved from Pennsylvania.
There are a lot of interesting conversations at the family table about the Mason Dixon line and states rights.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:44:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rdnkar] [#5]
Seems like we have some real life Texas historic ancestry in this thread. My family plot is in Elgin Tx. we came here when Mexico allowed settlers to come in the 1820s and we fought in the revolution from the Alamo to San Jacinto. We have family artifacts at the Alamo museum and have a county name to our credit. Our original family land holdings are listed and outlined on historic Texas maps that people decorate their homes with nowadays.One of my people
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Our family’s rubbed shoulders. Neat to think about
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Born in Liberty, currently living in B/CS. Born and raised with some stints elsewhere in between.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:39:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:49:43 AM EDT
[#9]
My father's family were in Anderson Co before TX became a state. They were my great great grandfather's cousins and uncles. My great great grandfather's family were still in Al and had a farming establishment but after the war they went bankrupt when all the help left.

After this my great great grandfather moved to Anderderson Co, TX where he had family.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top