Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2023 2:01:04 PM EDT
I haven't posted here in ages and was just wondering how many of us from  12-16 years ago are still here? I made some good friends over the years here in the NVHTF.

We used to have dinners at Main Street Station YEARS ago and was wondering if anything like that still goes on?

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I am old and should be considered an Old Timer but I never made it to any of the local meet and greets. Having said that I was there for the opening of
Henderson Defense, New frontier Armory and Lock N Load.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 3:34:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PARA-FN-FAL:
I am old and should be considered an Old Timer but I never made it to any of the local meet and greets. Having said that I was there for the opening of
Henderson Defense, New frontier Armory and Lock N Load.
View Quote

Damn!!  Those were the "good ole days" when we would have the desert shoots out on Liteweight Road. I think that was the road that past Sloan.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 3:58:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rbs86] [#3]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still around here.  I only made 1 of the shoots out by Sloan and a couple of the meet n greet dinners at various places around town.  I got in on the group safe buy in 2010 that you organized.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm still around. I either stop by once in a while or I click on the e-mail alerts if there's a new topic.

Ron, it's good to see you're still vertical, eating solid food, with no extra holes in you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Define old and friend?
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:53:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
I'm still around. I either stop by once in a while or I click on the e-mail alerts if there's a new topic.

Ron, it's good to see you're still vertical, eating solid food, with no extra holes in you.
View Quote

Joe!!

Good to hear from you brother!

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:54:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By crapshoot:
Define old and friend?
View Quote

I see you once a year so I know you're still out and about! Always good seeing you.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 1:55:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
I live in Pioche now, we sold Rachel and NLV although I still go to LV for 2 days to work my route. I work 15 hour days, if anyone wants to get together I stay at the Santa Fe on Tuesday nights.

Edit to add...I could Uber to Main Street if needed. Is the 777 still open?
View Quote

Damn.. haven't seen you in AGES!!!!!!!!!!

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:02:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: crapshoot] [#11]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:

I see you once a year so I know you're still out and about! Always good seeing you.

V/R
Ron
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Define old and friend?

V/R
Ron

You could see me more if you wanted to hire me part time.  
Good seeing you as well. If only you weren't so busy.  I miss the old shoots  by Jean also.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been around for a while.  I've only participated in two events. The Blue Card burning party at New Frontier Armory was fun.  I was also in on the big group buy of Winchester safes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Joe!!

V/R
Ron
View All Quotes

Joe!!

V/R
Ron

Same here, Ron!

Here's something I didn't make public that only a handful of people knew about.

I've spent the last seven months straight in two hospitals receiving chemo therapy for cancer. I've been home for about two weeks now and I had an appointment this morning with my Oncologist to go over the results of my most recent bone marrow biopsy. The good news is that I'm cancer free!

Early on they said that I needed a bone marrow transplant (which I couldn't get in Las Vegas so I would have had to travel out of town for treatment) but considering that the chemo eradicated the cancer that's off the table now.

I've endured three heart attacks (I have five Stents now), and now I've survived cancer. I think I need to buy a lottery ticket.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 1:37:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m still here Doc.
Had the msn problem so I had to get a new account. Haven’t been to any meet & greets though.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 1:44:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crapshoot] [#15]

Same here, Ron!

I've spent the last seven months straight in two hospitals receiving chemo therapy for cancer. I've been home for about two weeks now and I had an appointment this morning with my Oncologist to go over the results of my most recent bone marrow biopsy. The good news is that I'm cancer free!

Early on they said that I needed a bone marrow transplant (which I couldn't get in Las Vegas so I would have had to travel out of town for treatment) but considering that the chemo eradicated the cancer that's off the table now.

I've endured three heart attacks (I have five Stents now), and now I've survived cancer. I think I need to buy a lottery ticket.

View All Quotes

Joe!!

V/R
Ron

Same here, Ron!

I went through the cancer bullshit myself a little over a year ago. Thankfully not near as serious as yours Joe but a bitch none the less. Glad to hear you are clear for now; as am I.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#16]

I went through the cancer bullshit myself a little over a year ago. Thankfully not near as serious as yours Joe but a bitch none the less. Glad to hear you are clear for now; as am I.
View All Quotes

Joe!!

V/R
Ron

Same here, Ron!

Hello, Lance.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bout with Cancer.

Mine was pretty bad. Imagine feeling so sick that you cant walk so you call an ambulance to take you to the hospital and once in the hospital you are stuck there for seven months. That was my life recently. The Chemo was brutal. I lost 60 lbs and I've gone bald. At one point I was so constipated I didn't go to the bathroom for two weeks. THEN, it went the other way and there were times that I didn't make it to the commode.

Chemo is evil and it doesn't care what's in front of it. It's like sending in the Marines. Once it goes in it kills and levels everything in sight. Good cells. Bad cells and everything it comes across. I'm not complaining, I'm just glad it's over.

I hope your Cancer never comes back but don't ever trust it, Brother. Always be alert to what your body is telling you and seek medical attention at the first sign of any symptoms.

It's good to hear that you're doing well and I hope we can talk soon.

-Joe    

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 6:44:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crapshoot] [#17]
Yeah, I was lucky. Mine was just a nasty strain of melanoma.  They said 20 yrs ago I would have been screwed.  Strange considering I've had it at least that long.
They just cut a $.50 piece sized chunk of skin off in the middle of my face and patched it up with skin from my collar bone area.  I just tell people it was a botched suicide attempt.  I can't do anything right.

Fuck cancer and chemo. Both nasty shit trying to kill you.
Good thing you're a tough sob. Not to mention heaven doesn't want you and Satan still has a TPO against you.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Same here, Ron!

View All Quotes

I’m glad you’re on the mend Joe

Joe!!

V/R
Ron

Same here, Ron!

Link Posted: 11/2/2023 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#19]
I see you on TV a lot, Ron. #GKG
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hadji:
I see you on TV a lot, Ron. #GKG
View Quote

Now there's a blast from the past.
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#21]
I remember meeting you at Citadel (How many remember that place! ) back when you were "Doc Cheney."  Met Wolfpack there too.  Time flies!
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:51:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Ah.... dinners. And 4th of July shoots.

Just pulled out some HDI lowers I never built.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 5:32:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn.. you guys are bringing back some memories. As for the Doc Cheney, I believe that was my account from back in the day and I lost the login to it DoctorCheney223. I still have my license but haven't practiced in over 12 years.

The desert shoots were great! Rick, Mike Duke, Tom Wright, Tony Dee, Kalani and Mike Crowder welcomed me into their "Desert Buffet" shooters club back in the day with open arms. It grew bigger and bigger and we used to bring out all kinds of MG's. The problem was that it grew to big, in my opinion, and instead of gun guys getting together and everyone sharing ammo and guns, it turned into new guys with no guns or ammo just showing up to blast through our ammo. The last straw for us when some guy put a 25lb or 50lb charge of Tannerite close the firing line and it damaged some cars. It could have been a LOT worse but it was a wake up call for me to back off.

We also used to have AK build parties in my garage in the days of the Tapco flats. They really sucked but we made them work.

Good times with a lot you guys and gals.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#25]
This was the only article I could find that DIDN'T have 10,000 pop-ups asking you to subscribe to continue reading.  Big middle finger to the LV Review Journal!

https://www.pressreader.com/usa/las-vegas-review-journal/20140117/281762742115221
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn.. you guys are bringing back some memories. As for the Doc Cheney, I believe that was my account from back in the day and I lost the login to it DoctorCheney223. I still have my license but haven't practiced in over 12 years.

The desert shoots were great! Rick, Mike Duke, Tom Wright, Tony Dee, Kalani and Mike Crowder welcomed me into their "Desert Buffet" shooters club back in the day with open arms. It grew bigger and bigger and we used to bring out all kinds of MG's. The problem was that it grew to big, in my opinion, and instead of gun guys getting together and everyone sharing ammo and guns, it turned into new guys with no guns or ammo just showing up to blast through our ammo. The last straw for us when some guy put a 25lb or 50lb charge of Tannerite close the firing line and it damaged some cars. It could have been a LOT worse but it was a wake up call for me to back off.

We also used to have AK build parties in my garage in the days of the Tapco flats. They really sucked but we made them work.

V/R
Ron
View Quote

Your hospitality did not go unnoticed and I tried not to take advantage of it. Especially you taking the boy scouts out to shoot a few of your samplings free of charge. Thank you!

MG42 anti climactic when its on a full mount.

$6 each time you pull the trigger. 50cal
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:51:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey Ron, It's nice to see you back.

Tom
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Raises hand. Went to a desert shoot or two (last one was on 4th of July years ago), bought an AK from the shop etc.  Good ole days.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Cazador223:
Hey Ron, It's nice to see you back.

Tom
View Quote

It's been YEARS! I hope all is well with you and the family.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 1:17:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Rich807:
Raises hand. Went to a desert shoot or two (last one was on 4th of July years ago), bought an AK from the shop etc.  Good ole days.
View Quote

Those were MUCH more simpler times!

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 2:29:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted by HendersonDefense:
It's been YEARS! I hope all is well with you and the family.
View Quote

Everyone is well. The kids are grown, my son is attending the University of Wyoming and my daughter
will start attending UNLV next semister.
How about you and your family?
Tom
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 1:01:23 PM EDT
[#32]

What was the guys name who owned Citadel? He got into some kind of big trouble a while back....
View Quote

I know that guy. He lives in my neighborhood. My cleaning lady called me freaking out the day he got raided because they were staging their SWAT team in my yard.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#33]

What was the guys name who owned Citadel? He got into some kind of big trouble a while back....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kisara:
I remember meeting you at Citadel (How many remember that place! ) back when you were "Doc Cheney."  Met Wolfpack there too.  Time flies!

John Call?
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Dang... Best I can do is the shoot in Rachel 20 years ago. Most of them aren't around any more.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 1:13:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 308Sako] [#35]
Not as active on posting, but do read and laugh at the GD forum.

I'll be in Bill Wiseman's booth at SHOT again next year... SHOT many years back is the last time I saw you Doc,  passing us by :-)

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 12:47:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By UV18:
Ah.... dinners. And 4th of July shoots.

Just pulled out some HDI lowers I never built.
View Quote

Got one of those HDI lowers I never did anything with.  Didn't even put a lower parts kit in to know if the holes were all lined up proper since it was one of those first batches...  

Don't use the site here all to often since I didn't see the value in what the membership costs are to simply get the ability to readily index new posts in threads when other forums offer that for free.  

But every once in a while I'll play prairie dog to see what's going on.

I remember the shoots and the dinners.  Made it to one of each but back then with a then young family it was tough.  Now I'm looking at being an empty nester with my daughter off to college.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 8:00:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Same here, Ron!

View Quote

Joe- so glad to hear you’re around and cancer free, it’s been quite a while since we corresponded. Haven’t been on the forum as often and this thread was a treasure to come across and hearing from you.

Be in touch when you have sometime, love to catch up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I was stationed at Nellis back in 2000 to 2007 and I still pop in this subforum every now and then and its really good to see some familiar names.  

ishoot2live, it’s so good to see you’re doing well and on the mend.

I hope you’re all doing well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:09:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DamascusKnifemaker] [#40]
@HendersonDefense

Do you recognize this? I turned it into a dedicated 22lr AR and gifted it to my wife for Christmas.

Link Posted: 12/11/2023 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
@HendersonDefence

Do you recognize this? I turned it into a dedicated 22lr AR and gifted it to my wife for Christmas.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/78788/1000001457-3054857.jpg
View Quote

I've got two of those. Turned one into a MG.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:48:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Different] [#42]

V/R
Ron
View Quote

Hi, Ron! Yes, good times for sure. There were forty DBS meets, August 2000 through November 2004.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I went to a Sloan shoot where LarryG36 had his M240 and ran a belt through it with his links and my ammo.  

Other than that, not a lot of interaction, though I work with a few Test Site Arfcommers.

Good times.

If you see a beat-up Tundra out in Pahrump with a BFL, that's me.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Hellion-Productions:
I work with a few Test Site Arfcommers.
View Quote

Those people are weird.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AL-BOB:

Those people are weird.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AL-BOB:
Originally Posted By Hellion-Productions:
I work with a few Test Site Arfcommers.

Those people are weird.

They hide most of the weirdos in cubicles.

The really bad ones are promoted to management.  🤓😁🥳

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top