Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2023 11:06:21 AM EDT
How's the Bentonville area?  My wife says it's come up multiple times as a good area for homeschoolers.

Any thoughts on living there?

Do the Walmart bigwigs make it overpriced?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:11:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IronColon] [#1]
There's tons of activities going on around there that's for sure. I go there to do stuff, see people, but I like coming home to Bella Vista.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#2]
People will give it a hard time but having moved here years ago from the Baltimore/DC area, Bentonville/Rogers is pretty nice.

If I was younger and wasn't so content to just sit here in my little house in the woods I could live there. Wouldn't even need a car really. Could just walk/ride/Uber everywhere. Which would be good because the traffic sucks ass.

Link Posted: 11/25/2023 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
How's the Bentonville area?  My wife says it's come up multiple times as a good area for homeschoolers.

Any thoughts on living there?

Do the Walmart bigwigs make it overpriced?

Thanks
View Quote

Overpriced? Yes. By Arkansas standards, anyway. My little brother, who is an econ/finance guy who works for Everyone's Favorite Chicken Producer, lives in the area. He actually produced a map the last time the company moved him with cross-references for real estate valuation and proximity to deer-hunting and canoeing, which landed him in Greenville SC for awhile. It is pricy up there, but not really overvalued.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Bentonville. It kind of depends where you're coming from. I live an hour and a half south of there and prefer to go there over Little Rock  when I need a big-city doctor or fancy undies or something.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By signalscout:

Overpriced? Yes. By Arkansas standards, anyway. My little brother, who is an econ/finance guy who works for Everyone's Favorite Chicken Producer, lives in the area. He actually produced a map the last time the company moved him with cross-references for real estate valuation and proximity to deer-hunting and canoeing, which landed him in Greenville SC for awhile. It is pricy up there, but not really overvalued.

What were we talking about? Oh yeah, Bentonville. It kind of depends where you're coming from. I live an hour and a half south of there and prefer to go there over Little Rock  when I need a big-city doctor or fancy undies or something.
View Quote

Guessing it's cheaper than Northern Virginia and the Seattle suburbs, that's what we're used to.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 1:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Guessing it's cheaper than Northern Virginia and the Seattle suburbs, that's what we're used to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yes. It would be cheaper than those.
But still pricey for Arkansas.
It's also still possible to secure a good sized piece of land out in the hills for not too much, although the closer to a major town or attraction (Buffalo River, for instance) prices get more premium.
Our cabin is on about 40 acres not far from the Buffalo River and has doubled in value in the past 5 years.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 11:00:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By WhatsGnu:

It's also still possible to secure a good sized piece of land out in the hills for not too much, although the closer to a major town or attraction (Buffalo River, for instance) prices get more premium.
Our cabin is on about 40 acres not far from the Buffalo River and has doubled in value in the past 5 years.
View All Quotes

Yeah we're looking for land.

Boys want to pee off the front porch and setup a shooting range.

Pretty much my requirements as well.
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

We have that feature at our cabin, except I am forbidden from shooting from the porch after my 300BO drilled a neat hole in the porch railing because I forgot to allow for scope height.
There is land in all directions, depending on what you want. Just get busy looking. We fell in love with the cabin at the first visit - year round creek, bluffs, forests and pastures.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top