Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2024 11:20:44 PM EDT
The CASC Huntsville Gun Show will be held next on Jan 20th-21st, 2024 with additional shows on May 25th-26th, 2024, and Oct 11th-12th, 2024 in Huntsville, AL. This Huntsville gun show is held at Von Braun Civic Center and hosted by Collectors and Shooters Company.

https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/casc-huntsville-gun-show/

So, how are these gun shows?  
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Went to a few of them, but Haven’t been to one since before the china flu.  Every time I went I felt cheated out of my $8 and the two hours it took me to get there, walk through, and get back home.  Parking is also $$ unless you park a couple blocks away and walk.  

Prices were on the high end of retail and selection was generally poor.  The internet has made gun shows a sad shadow of what they were when I was a kid.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 2:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks  Morgan321
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Last one I went to was about 1/2 the size it normally was.

It was mid summer though so that may have had something to do with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Copy all.  Even still, I have this odd desire to go.  Maybe it’s nostalgia.  Opinion - the availability of info and access to unique stuff and stuff you are interested on the internet have reduced the desire/value for many.  The constant “crises” and “I know what I got” also lowers the value.  We need fudds and others to make shows great again.  [Wait, are those three fingers point back at me?]

Of course, I wonder if they will even have it with the weather.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: axl] [#5]
Have been to a dozen or more of them but not in the last several years. Internet has ruined them plus the dealers have early morning 1 hour without customers before the show opens. They work out deals/trades with each other and adjust up prices to keep it all inflated. Buddy of mine would get a table just for the opening session then leave. And with this weather I doubt much will be going on anyway.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw this on VBC web page.

CANCELLED: COLLECTORS & SHOOTERS GUN SHOW
1/20/2024, 1/21/2024
This event has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WillysWagon:
Saw this on VBC web page.

CANCELLED: COLLECTORS & SHOOTERS GUN SHOW
1/20/2024, 1/21/2024
This event has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions.
View Quote
Thanks.  Not surprising.  

I guess my disappointment will have to wait for a few months.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:43:12 PM EDT
[#8]
lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 11:53:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Beef jerky, stun guns and Chinese scopes
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#10]
The assault on my nostrils will have to wait a few months
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top