Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2024 8:40:33 AM EDT
What are the chances voters of WA approve this initiative to end the carbon tax scheme?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 10:37:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#1]
49%
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Dimslee is already saying it will devastate road projects ans school budgets statewide.

I thought this was for climate shit?
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kubota3430:
Dimslee is already saying it will devastate road projects ans school budgets statewide.

View Quote

It's for anything they can scare the voters into not passing it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
FJI FBF and F Marko Llias, for good measure.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

We are already getting raped by the toll lanes. If they can’t manage the money they’re already making hand over fist, they don’t need more.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:47:41 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

What road work is even being put out to bid? I’ve been told this is the slowest year since 2020 for state road jobs being put out to bid.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:23:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

What road work is even being put out to bid? I’ve been told this is the slowest year since 2020 for state road jobs being put out to bid.
View Quote

That’s probably why we have fricken potholes everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:33:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Cops66:

View Quote

We work with Central Washington Asphalt and one of their drivers said they did very little grinding and overlays last year, in fact they did more work on developments and street repairs from development requirements. I read on one of those top 10 lists that Washington Highways are number 1 for potholes and broken edges.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#9]

We work with Central Washington Asphalt and one of their drivers said they did very little grinding and overlays last year, in fact they did more work on developments and street repairs from development requirements. I read on one of those top 10 lists that Washington Highways are number 1 for potholes and broken edges.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cops66:

Even third-world shithole would be ashamed of having streets like we have here.

I-5 looks like shit.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rossi:

Even third-world shithole would be ashamed of having streets like we have here.

I-5 looks like shit.

View Quote

Just came back from a quick trip up to Burlington area, I5 sucked so bad in parts, not even the construction areas.

Due to "construction" on i5 we came back on 405,it was even worse, but most was construction related.  

I am not sure but I am pretty sure they could make things a whole lot smoother when they shift lane position that last months at a time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Gyrene84:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gyrene84:

It's a threat, like when cities vow to cut fire/EMS funding if they don't get voter approval for their pet causes. Forever scared shitless, safety-obsessed west-side county voters are probably on-board with the farce, but any who aren't will cower to the doom omen prediction foretold by the self-anointed climate oracle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I drive to Portland and Seattle from Olympic peninsula all the time to visit my the grown up kids.
I have noticed in the last 4 years or so how bad the interstates are not just shitty road beds but ALL the trash along the sides of the highways.
This State claims to all green and caring about the environment what a bunch of hypocrites A Holes these lefty fucks are.
For as much $$$ we pay this state in taxes you think a the very least they could keep our roads clean and drive able.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:01:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By slughunter1:
I drive to Portland and Seattle from Olympic peninsula all the time to visit my the grown up kids.
I have noticed in the last 4 years or so how bad the interstates are not just shitty road beds but ALL the trash along the sides of the highways.
This State claims to all green and caring about the environment what a bunch of hypocrites A Holes these lefty fucks are.
For as much $$$ we pay this state in taxes you think a the very least they could keep our roads clean and drive able.
View Quote

I remember about 10 years back working in Newark NJ for about a week and being shocked by how much trash there was on the side of the road everywhere.

I would actually look forward to coming home because it was clean.

Now.... lol

Yeah, everything must be "green" and "environmentally friendly" except for the actual environment we have to live in and interact with every day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top