Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2024 11:05:29 PM EDT
I've never been in a gun store in California, I have always avoided the state like the plague. However a new position at work has forced me to travel here several times a year. This week I'm at a job in Camarillo, nice place if you forget your in California. Tonight after dinner I went for a walk from my motel and found myself standing in front of The Camarillo Gun store. I literally think, this should be good for a laugh, and assume it is going to be a shit show..... NOPE.

That store was awesome. Stocked to the gills with almost anything you could want. reloading supplies including primers and every powder under the sun. Tons of accessories, stripped lowers, uppers, LPKs, complete uppers, you name it. Sure their ARs had gay grips and there were no standard cap mags, but aside from that they had almost anything you could want, and lots of it. Hell if I wasn't flying I would've been tempted to smuggle some contraband home. That's right, smuggle banned items home from California.

I know there are plenty of ways to accomplish things under the new BS WA laws. I am just particularly bothered by the fact that I witnessed more Freedom happening in downtown Camarillo than downtown Spokane.

What have we become?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Did I post this somewhere other than WAHTF? Thought I was in the right place.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#3]
We are definitely getting worse than CA, even our gas is higher now. Just throw in a state income tax and we will be good to go.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:01:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cops66:
We are definitely getting worse than CA, even our gas is higher now. Just throw in a state income tax and we will be good to go.
View Quote

There's already an income tax, but they called it a "capital gains" tax to dodge the state constitutional uniform application requirement. But since now the camel's nose is in the tent, & it will morph into a universal income tax, because the IRS has always classified cap gains as income, & as anyone with 2 normal brains cells knows, the state government always intended it to tax all everyone's income.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]
I was born and raised in the East Bay Area, as extremely dissatisfied at what this state has become in the last 5-6 years it is most definitely NOT worse than CA.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
I was born and raised in the East Bay Area, as extremely dissatisfied at what this state has become in the last 5-6 years it is most definitely NOT worse than CA.  
View Quote
My post was specifically relating to restrictive gun laws. With the recent bans in WA, we are definitely behind CA when it comes to ARs and other restrictions. That was very evident in the store. We are still ahead in other ways such as NFA but only because the libs haven't targeted that yet. Going to a gun store in WA has become depressing. This place wasn't.

Is Washington a worse place to live than CA? Absolutely not . I don't know how you would have gotten that from my post. I've lived my entire life in WA and don't want to live anywhere else. But I'm getting closer to moving every day
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Britt-dog:
My post was specifically relating to restrictive gun laws. With the recent bans in WA, we are definitely behind CA when it comes to ARs and other restrictions. That was very evident in the store. We are still ahead in other ways such as NFA but only because the libs haven't targeted that yet. Going to a gun store in WA has become depressing. This place wasn't.

Is Washington a worse place to live than CA? Absolutely not . I don't know how you would have gotten that from my post. I've lived my entire life in WA and don't want to live anywhere else. But I'm getting closer to moving every day
View Quote

We got it from your title. You should have said “our gun laws are worse than CA”.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

There's already an income tax, but they called it a "capital gains" tax to dodge the state constitutional uniform application requirement. But since now the camel's nose is in the tent, & it will morph into a universal income tax, because the IRS has always classified cap gains as income, & as anyone with 2 normal brains cells knows, the state government always intended it to tax all everyone's income.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
Originally Posted By Cops66:

You forgot about WA’s two “payroll” (income) taxes.

The .58% payroll tax for long term care (unless you opted out before the opt out date)
The .53% payroll tax for the family leave “benefit”.

So WA indeed now has a 1.11% state income tax levied on all Washingtonians with a job.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:45:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Procyon:

You forgot about WA’s two “payroll” (income) taxes.

The .58% payroll tax for long term care (unless you opted out before the opt out date)
The .53% payroll tax for the family leave “benefit”.

So WA indeed now has a 1.11% state income tax levied on all Washingtonians with a job.
View Quote

This is true. I was just addressing the one in particular. There is an initiative to kill the "long term care" tax (SEIU handout).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top