Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2024 11:51:58 PM EDT
Because these ass hats are trying to make it all you can buy.

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/02/14/new-bill-could-ban-sale-refrigerated-cold-beer-tennessee/
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:15:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#1]
Is the 'reducing the carbon footprint' crowd backing that?

ETA:  Once they ban cold beer, they'll go after cold soft drinks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 5:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
It's more nanny blue law bullshit sponsored by two Rs .  We have a R supermajority and this is the crap some choose to focus on.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to college at Mississippi State University. Back then we could not buy cold beer in town. Unless it was winter time, of course.

I am generally not a fan of drunk driving, but for the life of me I don’t see the issue with a guy having a beer or three on his way home from work. By the time the buzz kicks in, 99% of commuters will be pulling in their driveway, safely.

Nothing taste better than a really cold beer after a hard day of working outside in the summertime. Again, not defending drunk driving, but I simply can’t get worked up about a dude having a beer on the way home.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#4]
How about just buying cold beer and taking it home to drink a couple?  To me this isn't even about drunk driving.  Who buys beer and wants to wait a few hours before it's cold enough to drink one?

I hate blue laws with a passion.  I work third shift and I can't even get a beer for enjoying after work.  Sure it's seven am but it's my evening.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Seems to be the same mentality as the gun control crowd.

Some small group causes problems, but rather than focusing on punishing that group for the problems they cause, the solution is to place restrictions on everyone.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah .I don't see this happening at all.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:54:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Cold beer is twice as deadly.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Prae:
Yeah .I don't see this happening at all.
View Quote

There's a news report that the bill has been withdrawn, and a new bill will be submitted instead to fund a study on the drunk driving problem.  Same as the left wanting biased studies done on 'gun violence' to generate propaganda to support their efforts to ban guns.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 9:31:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bodybagger:
I emailed his office and asked if he was trying to flip his seat blue and that the bill reflects the naivete of a 9 year old child. Told him if he wanted to really stop DUI offenses he'd make a law that prohibits lazy prosecutors from reducing DUI charges in plea agreements.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Indiana has a warm beer law. I walked around Walmart in Evansville for 20mins before I finally asked where they kept the cold beer. The lady looked at my like I was crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top