Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2023 10:40:15 AM EDT
Let’s say this unconditional law gets overturned and you scared zombie sheep registered your AR-15……to
Anyone I’m buying from personally and from
FFL’s who bought used AR-15’s……

The first question I’m asking is if the gun was registered with ISP.   if so, im not buying it.  

How about the rest of you?  You want to buy a registered firearm that will always be somewhere in internet land that could be hacked even if isp has to destroy the records.  Which is impossible.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You can't be serious, the registration is moot at this point if you buy a gun from ANYONE in this state now and do it according to the law. The ISP can access ALL ffl transactions since 2020 and private sales are supposed to be done through a ffl or the ISP website...........where they take all the info. I get what you're saying, and honestly most people are probably not following the private sale regulations. But it's going to continue to get harder and harder to have anonymity when it comes to buying a firearm...........unless it's home made, there's a record of it somewhere.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:33:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By HerculesMulligan:

How about the rest of you?  You want to buy a registered firearm that will always be somewhere in internet land that could be hacked even if isp has to destroy the records.  Which is impossible.
View Quote

You can no longer legally sell, buy or transfer anything designated or configured as an "assault weapon" or "assault weapon attachment" within the State of Illinois. Whether of not is is registered has no bearing on it - the only way you can sell banned firearms or attachments is out of State.

I personally intend to comply with the law and opt not to become a felon - my choice was to move all of my regulated items out of State. If I could not do that I'd have sold them out of State and repurchased if/when the SCOTUS overturns this unconstitutional madness.

I would never advise another firearm owner in this State to willingly become a felon. Those who do so have to make their own choices as do we all.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VodoundaVinci:

You can no longer legally sell, buy or transfer anything designated or configured as an "assault weapon" or "assault weapon attachment" within the State of Illinois. Whether of not is is registered has no bearing on it - the only way you can sell banned firearms or attachments is out of State.

I personally intend to comply with the law and opt not to become a felon - my choice was to move all of my regulated items out of State. If I could not do that I'd have sold them out of State and repurchased if/when the SCOTUS overturns this unconstitutional madness.

I would never advise another firearm owner in this State to willingly become a felon. Those who do so have to make their own choices as do we all.

VooDoo
View Quote

Agreed, registration is not an option. Not only you might get your stuff confiscated after the next mass shooting, but you are also potentially incriminating yourself with the affidavit.

I too opted for out of state storage until this passes. Hoping the public storage units are safe.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 12:28:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VodoundaVinci] [#4]
From the Registry Enforcement Thread:

Mass noncompliance of Illinois' gun ban registry seen by Guns Save Life

Have a look see/listen at 10:00.....

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
From the Registry Enforcement Thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZgCyUB2Dc

Have a look see/listen at 10:00.....

VooDoo
View Quote

I just sent that out to my shooting buddies with the same advice as to where to watch it from..
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By kaneljo3000:

Agreed, registration is not an option. Not only you might get your stuff confiscated after the next mass shooting, but you are also potentially incriminating yourself with the affidavit.

I too opted for out of state storage until this passes. Hoping the public storage units are safe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

VooDoo

What the Hell? I mean who doesn't want to immediately be considered a person of interest?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]

VooDoo
View Quote

may your chains rest lightly

how does that boot taste?
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
None of you read.

I said if it gets overturned.  Does anyone read anymore.  It’s even in my title

And those of you that register are scared cowards.

Once this gets overturned…….i hope those you registered continue to not use semi auto weapons.  You are too much of a coward to use a gun
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#9]
None of you read.

I said if it gets overturned.  Does anyone read anymore.  It’s even in my title

And those of you that register are scared cowards.

Once this gets overturned…….i hope those you registered continue to not use semi auto weapons.  You are too much of a coward to use a gun
View Quote

Amen brother
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Ouch.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:11:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#12]
If the law gets struck down and we can once again buy firearms presently labeled as Assault Weapons, I will not care if it was registered or not. If it was registered, it was registered to someone else other than me. He no longer owns it.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

I understand your sentiment, but how are you going to know if their gun was registered with ISP?  If you ask the seller and they tell you "No, it wasn't registered" how can you prove it wasn't?

Sven
Manticore Arms
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Let’s say this unconditional law gets overturned and you scared zombie sheep registered your AR-15……to

The first question I’m asking is if the gun was registered with ISP.   if so, im not buying it.  

I understand your sentiment, but how are you going to know if their gun was registered with ISP?  If you ask the seller and they tell you "No, it wasn't registered" how can you prove it wasn't?

Sven
Manticore Arms

I won’t know.  But I’m going to ask.  Yea people can lie. There are tons of liars in Illinois.  But I’m still going to ask.  I don’t want anything to do with a firearm registered by a scared zombie sheep that is in some state level database forever
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#14]
If the law gets struck down and we can once again buy firearms presently labeled as Assault Weapons, I will not care if it was registered or not. If it was registered, it was registered to someone else other than me. He no longer owns it.

VooDoo
View Quote

1. Odd reply
2. You want something that is forever in a state database?  Weird
3. Out of principle of the matter, I want nothing to do with people who voluntarily registered their firearms like good little sheep for the liberal state.  It’s principle of the matter.  People who are complying with this registry ARE THE PROBLEM.  Ever read a history book?  This is problematic on so many levels.  And to even be friends or to buy from these  so called 2A supporters who volunteered for this…..just disgusting.

If you store your firearms out of state while this gets eventually resolved.  I get it.  Don’t blame you.  But to do what JB tells you when it’s clearly unconstitutional….you are a whole new level of stupid and a zombie sheep of the state.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 5:43:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, it seems as if most have made their choices by now according to the resources and perspectives they have at hand as we are literally down to the wire at this point.. Whether they moved them out of State, sold them, will not comply, or have/will Register I'll leave it to you to judge them and call them names. I'll withhold judgement till this thing plays out as I have made my choices and will live with them. As far as assuming what drives everyone else's decisions, and calling people who made a different choice than I made names and insinuating that they are cowards and sheep, I'll leave to your judgment. I thought maybe us gunners would be/will be better off if we stick together but it seems as if the Antis are winning at this game as well - divide and conquer.

Sincerely, best of luck to everyone going forward. Make good choices.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, it seems as if most have made their choices by now according to the resources and perspectives they have at hand as we are literally down to the wire at this point.. Whether they moved them out of State, sold them, will not comply, or have/will Register I'll leave it to you to judge them and call them names. I'll withhold judgement till this thing plays out as I have made my choices and will live with them. As far as assuming what drives everyone else's decisions, and calling people who made a different choice than I made names and insinuating that they are cowards and sheep, I'll leave to your judgment. I thought maybe us gunners would be/will be better off if we stick together but it seems as if the Antis are winning at this game as well - divide and conquer.

Sincerely, best of luck to everyone going forward. Make good choices.

VooDoo
View Quote

The history of the world has plenty of lessons on why you should never register your firearms.  It’s all there. History……people are doomed to repeat it when they don’t don’t read it.

I don’t know how anyone can stick together on such a divisive topic.  I can understand and support anyone temporarily storing their guns out of state.  But voluntarily registration.  That’s totally different.  

Ever hear of the nazi’s?  
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 9:10:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I don’t know how anyone can stick together on such a divisive topic.  I can understand and support anyone temporarily storing their guns out of state.  But voluntarily registration.  That’s totally different.  
View Quote

Which is why the Anti's will win again...there is no way to stand united/stick together on such a divisive topic.

One question - what are honest Illinois gun owners who now possess "banned platforms" supposed to do if getting their banned firearms out of State is not an option for them? Sell them before Monday? Destroy them? Or willingly do not comply knowing that come Monday they are potential Felons? Are you suggesting that folks who have no other options beside registration willingly become Felons because otherwise you (and others) regard them as cowards and Sheep?

I don't have the right to judge others based on my perspective and options. Some people have no other options at this point other than to register or become potential felons. And for me? The only thing I despise more than sheep and people who judge others is people who willingly become felons. That's a bad choice no matter how you arrive at the logic.

Peace out. I have everything I need on this subject and have made my PICA decisions. And I'll live with them without being goaded into being a felon. Sincerely, good luck to all and make good choices in the coming days/months.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#18]
It’s a shit situation. If you register they have a list of what you have, of course you’re probably already on a list.

If you don’t register then you can:

Keep your guns at home (this is a decent option if you have a home range).

Risk a felony every time you transport them. It doesn’t matter if the locals won’t enforce PICA, the State cops will.

Keep your guns at home and never shoot them.

Store your guns out of state. Take a chance on a storage locker not getting broken into if you don’t have friends or family to store them with.

If you’ve bought anything banned in the last few years ISP likely already knows you have it.

I think we will see ISP start checking out local ranges for unregistered guns, running down records of ones that weren’t registered, etc.. or the kind may take a victory lap and leave it alone.

Before you start bashing people that choose to register, just remember if you have a FOID, you have already complied. You are already a boot licker by the standard of many here. You are already on a list if they start confiscation. They just looked at their options and made a different choice than you. If you have followed the NFA or ever filled out a 4473, you have already complied.

Personally as soon as my kid graduates I’m out of here. If I start to hear about confiscations taking place, my guns will be out of state the same day, with me moving very shortly after.

Just remember, once you are a felon, you can never own a gun again in any state.

If we get to confiscation l think there are gonna be a lot of dead cops. I could see this going Unintended Consequences very quickly. The cops are aware of that too. I think that’s why you have t seen them try that following any ban to date.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#19]
I don`t think there will be any confiscation they can`t even take guns away from people who`s FOIDS were revoked. Remember this law was pushed through in what I consider an  immoral way, they went in the middle of the night and didn`t give us a chance to mount an opposition. I for one want to register my guns since I can not relocate my guns, and want to keep them. Without a warrant or probable cause they can`t take your guns.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By berlinsoldaten:
I don`t think there will be any confiscation they can`t even take guns away from people who`s FOIDS were revoked. Remember this law was pushed through in what I consider an  immoral way, they went in the middle of the night and didn`t give us a chance to mount an opposition. I for one want to register my guns since I can not relocate my guns, and want to keep them. Without a warrant or probable cause they can`t take your guns.
View Quote

Whew...Dude, you give me much Peace. [Sarc]Knowing they simply can't take my guns and can't get a warrant (I'm assuming yer a lawyer and know?) brings me much peace of mind and settles this once and for all. Super thanks for your insight![/sarc]

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By berlinsoldaten:
View Quote

You don’t deserve guns.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Even if the law gets overturned, IL will NEVER surrender that registry data.  

They'll hide it behind a bookcase. They'll smuggle out a copy and give it to the feds.  

I fully expect that the PICA registration data will become public at some point.  Just like Lisa Madagan tried to do with the FOID card data.  Only last minute action by the state legislature stopped that, and this time they won't do that.  They'll celebrate it being made public.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Dumak:

They'll hide it behind a bookcase. They'll smuggle out a copy and give it to the feds.  

I fully expect that the PICA registration data will become public at some point.  Just like Lisa Madagan tried to do with the FOID card data.  Only last minute action by the state legislature stopped that, and this time they won't do that.  They'll celebrate it being made public.
View Quote

Words of wisdom Dumak
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:05:28 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Agreed. But right this minute we need to be making a choice....what might happen in the future nobody knows. What we do know is that right this minute, we have basically 4 options.

Register.

Move the item out of State/dis possess yourself of them.

Ignore the law and fail to comply knowing (hopefully) that if this goes South you might go to jail and lose your ability to possess *any* firearms.

Sell the offending items out of State.

I suppose we could bury them, turn them in, destroy them, etc.

What's going to happen nobody knows. What *will* happen is that come tonight at midnight, if you are in possession of Firearms designated as Assault Weapons or Assault Weapon Attachments, and they have not had disclosure affidavits filled out, you are a potential felon. I don't like it - nobody likes it. But that's the way it is. We all have choices to make according to our mindsets and personal circumstances. For me to willingly become a potential felon is unthinkable. I moved my shit out of State. I'm not registering. But my perspective and position does not dictate to others what they need to do.

I'm sorry, this is literally every man for himself now. Good luck.

VooDoo
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#25]

Agreed. But right this minute we need to be making a choice....what might happen in the future nobody knows. What we do know is that right this minute, we have basically 4 options.

Register.

Move the item out of State/dis possess yourself of them.

Ignore the law and fail to comply knowing (hopefully) that if this goes South you might go to jail and lose your ability to possess *any* firearms.

Sell the offending items out of State.

I suppose we could bury them, turn them in, destroy them, etc.

What's going to happen nobody knows. What *will* happen is that come tonight at midnight, if you are in possession of Firearms designated as Assault Weapons or Assault Weapon Attachments, and they have not had disclosure affidavits filled out, you are a potential felon. I don't like it - nobody likes it. But that's the way it is. We all have choices to make according to our mindsets and personal circumstances. For me to willingly become a potential felon is unthinkable. I moved my shit out of State. I'm not registering. But my perspective and position does not dictate to others what they need to do.

I'm sorry, this is literally every man for himself now. Good luck.

VooDoo
View Quote

Isn’t it technically a misdemeanor the first time around?

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

One stock = misdemeanor

one stock and a pistol grip = 1 felony

one stock, pistol grip, AR = 2 felonies

one stock, one pistol grip, one AR and 50 rounds of .50 cal = 52 felonies
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#27]

One stock = misdemeanor

View All Quotes

One stock = misdemeanor

All that and being unConstitutional at the same time.......
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:26:37 PM EDT
[#28]

One stock = misdemeanor

View Quote

That’s worse than cocaine
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:24:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChopperBob] [#29]
I complied.  I thought the specific pieces were either so radical and fun.(.50 or 1919 or Thompson) Or they would be a choice for security on my rural property (8 round shotgun and carbine)

I understand that I am grandfathered in.   I did not see any need to hide.  Didn't want to.    I have a long good track record.   I'm chill, and I stay on my own property.  

I looked at it like getting a motorcycle endorsement on my license.   I put 50% faith in "local cops won't enforce"

Either way, I'm not selling.   Now they are like family heirlooms.   I considered going circa 2000 when I defended my home with revolvers and single stack classic pistols (still do) and pump shotguns (still do) and old military bolt guns.   I didn't want to sell or move out my favorite defense guns.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Sick flex.  All guns are one E Trace away from being on some kind of list.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

To be fair, the ISP wasn’t playing ball with her and the Tribune….not out of any sympathy to 2A, but because they didn’t want the lawsuits that would have rained on them when the Tribune made it all public.

The whole thing also could have been some sort of kabuki theatre between Boss Madigan and the Crown Princess to gaslight everyone. Was there some sort of important legislation he wanted at the time?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top