Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2024 8:28:24 PM EDT
Going to be visiting there about the middle of May.What are the must do/see places.
What places to eat Mexican,steak,pizza.
Thanks for any information.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Be prepared for the traffic. Really bad traffic, seriously.

Gatlinburg is almost exclusively national chain restaurants.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 12:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bodybagger] [#2]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Gatlinburg is Myrtle Beach in the mountains. It is a tourist trap.

If you’re there to visit the GSMNP, do yourself a favor and stay in Townsend.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#4]
The Village is a cool spot in Gatlinburg.  The Pancake Pantry serves great food not just breakfast,  The Donut Friar in the Village makes awesome donuts, Boudicca's Celtic Pub is tucked back in there too, good authentic food and beers.  A great spot to get away from all of the people. There is also a good ice cream place in there.  All locally owned businesses.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gurn-blanston:
The Village is a cool spot in Gatlinburg.  The Pancake Pantry serves great food not just breakfast,  The Donut Friar in the Village makes awesome donuts, Boudicca's Celtic Pub is tucked back in there too, good authentic food and beers.  A great spot to get away from all of the people. There is also a good ice cream place in there.  All locally owned businesses.
View Quote

My wife had already said something about going to the Pancake Pantry,so it's good to know it's good food.
I do love ice cream
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#6]
my favorite restaurant in Gatlinburg is the Greenbrier.  It's off the beaten path enough to avoid the drive-by traffic.  Get a reservation.

Calhoun's and Smoky Mountain Brewery are local chains, but I like them both.    I like Bad Daddy's for pizza.  Dick's Last Resort is an experience if you can handle a joke.  If you like Thai food, Thai Palace and Thai Basil in Sevierville are both very good.  Junction 35 for lunch and booze tasting.  Chop House is a solid yet reasonably priced steakhouse.  

As for stuff to do, Bud's Guns and Smoky Mountain Knife Works/Guns and Ammo have been mentioned.  They are right next to each other.  Bass Pro is little further down, as is the current world's largest gas station (Buc-ee's).  Tennessee Smokies AA baseball team is across from Bass Pro.  Dollywood is a very nice theme park.  The Titanic exhibit is actually pretty neat.  Ripley's Aquarium is pretty good but it costs a lot and doesn't take that long to get through.  There's a couple of places  where you can snow tube year round.     A lot of people get a kick out the dinner show formerly known as Dixie Stampede, but the show doesn't impress me and the food is terrible.  Get to Cade's Cove early in the morning for your best chance at seeing wildlife.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#7]
The Peddler it pretty good for steaks. The other mentions are good. There is a German deli/restaurant next to the Donut Friar that is good for lunch.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Lot of good information so far thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top