Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/24/2024 9:07:17 PM EDT
Governor whitler signed all those new gun laws this last year.  
We had the best SCOTUS ruling for gun rights since heller.  

Why is nobody fighting this shit?

In my opinion, the gun rights activism in Michigan exists only to be a place to sell guns face to face. That’s it.

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I second this. We hear about multiple States having rallys. Some are being mentioned national by YouTubers and even attended by them. We hear GOA, FPC, and others filing law suites, but nothing here. What's going on? Why is there nothing happening?
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:26:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to the last rally before they banned guns on Capitol property. The crowd looked like angry homeless people with Hi-Points. The disheveled mob was TERRIBLE representation for us. Their attitudes were just straight up middle fingers to bystanders and the asshole with the Trump trailer blaring music didn't win us any points with the people inside the state Capitol we need on our side.

I'd love to go to another rally, but leave the shitty Chinamart mismatched camo at home and wear a clean, collared shirt and some dress pants. Bathing might help too.

That day was an embarrassment for our cause. You could see the frustration on the faces of the organizers too.

If we can get the word out that attendees should behave like adults then I'll definitely be there too. That day we were our own worst enemy. Let's not do that again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
I went to the last rally before they banned guns on Capitol property. The crowd looked like angry homeless people with Hi-Points. The disheveled mob was TERRIBLE representation for us. Their attitudes were just straight up middle fingers to bystanders and the asshole with the Trump trailer blaring music didn't win us any points with the people inside the state Capitol we need on our side.

I'd love to go to another rally, but leave the shitty Chinamart mismatched camo at home and wear a clean, collared shirt and some dress pants. Bathing might help too.

That day was an embarrassment for our cause. You could see the frustration on the faces of the organizers too.

If we can get the word out that attendees should behave like adults then I'll definitely be there too. That day we were our own worst enemy. Let's not do that again.
View Quote

Rallies don’t do shit.  
Court cases do.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 20229mm:

Rallies don’t do shit.  
Court cases do.
View Quote

Mostly. People who attend rallies also give money to causes, and they strengthen resolve among their kind.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote

I really hate to give SNL 'credit', but the joke about them doing "Ted Nugent cosplay" did hit the mark. Been rolling my eyes at that shit for years, you look just like the negative stereotype they make you out to be.

anyways this meme pretty much explains it--

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I presume someone needs to be charged with a violation of the new laws to challenge it in court?

They already popped.one dude in Flint for his kid shooting herself.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:37:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bebop_941] [#7]

Rallies don’t do shit.  
Court cases do.
View Quote

Agreed, but right now we have neither.  Rallies would be a step in the right direction to get people engaged and raise funds for legal battles.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this shit slapped down in court as much as anyone else.

Either way, it beats what we have now, which is nothing.  I recieved the MCRGO Legal Update today and under "upcoming events" was a gun show and picinic.  Our 2A activists at work ladies and gentlemen.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Max429:
I presume someone needs to be charged with a violation of the new laws to challenge it in court?

They already popped.one dude in Flint for his kid shooting herself.
View Quote

I don't believe that's required in civil rights cases but I'm not a lawyer.  Someone will hopefully be able to clear up that point.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Lol, why would I dress up for some rally? For that matter why would I go to some rally that won't do anything but make people like you judge other gun owners by the way they dress.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wizzi01:

Lol, why would I dress up for some rally? For that matter why would I go to some rally that won't do anything but make people like you judge other gun owners by the way they dress.
View Quote

Well this is an extreme/triggering example, but.....  The leadership of the KKK learned that to better get their message across, they dropped their 'garb', and started wearing professional/business 3-piece suits.

Presentation matters.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Rallies don’t do shit.  
Court cases do.
View Quote

This.

I'm keeping my ear to the ground for a GOA, FPC, etc., class action lawsuit. I want in on this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 9:12:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 20229mm] [#12]
Originally Posted By BB868:

Well this is an extreme/triggering example, but.....  The leadership of the KKK learned that to better get their message across, they dropped their 'garb', and started wearing professional/business 3-piece suits.

Presentation matters.
View Quote

And the KKK have done so much.  The world things so highly of them. (Sarcasm)

You can’t appease people that hate you and want to end your rights.  
Putting on a suit does nothing.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#13]
With exception of Great Lakes Gun Rights I've been member of most all MI gun rights groups. So much failure....

Why can't we have an org that is incorruptible? Why can't they have a charter to rep gun owners interests and nothing else?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top