Site Notices
Is idaho turning blue? (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By matt58:
Don’t forget, that not to long ago, Idaho was governed by a Democrat, then re-elected where he beat his opponent, a republican, by getting more than 70% of the vote…and he was also the longest serving governor Idaho has had…

But I will also say this, republican/democrat had very different meanings in those days!
View Quote

I personally don't care for our current governor very much, he's to limp wristed for my tastes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By zukguy:

I personally don't care for our current governor very much, he's to limp wristed for my tastes.
View Quote

He's a RINO and so are our Congressmen.  Little's politics align more with Cecil Andrus than a MAGA Republican.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 4:51:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryguy209] [#3]
Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
We come to idaho often as we live just across the DMZ an enjoy the state immensely,  if wasn't for work an the long commute, we'd of moved to ID. I've noticed the influx of disgusting coastie libs an Californians,  my sincere condolences. We see lots of signs of change.

Rainbow flags on fences of houses in Rathdrum. Shocked at all the apartment buildings an housing developments going up between Post falls an Rathdrum. The cutese bistro, coffee, boutique popping up, that are the habitat of the coastal liberal..license plates in CDAs Costco parking lot reveals alot of intelligence on whom is in the state.

Truly concerning, I thought Idaho would be our place to eventually escape too,  after full retirement.
View Quote

Just a reminder, it's your own natives doing it. Talked to this guy and played along with his bullshit before I made fun of him. He's a native. A coastie liberal Californian wouldn't move to idaho. They don't think of it as an ideal state. Those of us that come out here are conservatives...
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By zukguy:

Freedom means not sticking your nose into other people's lives.

View Quote

That is the utopian fallacy of Libertarianism.   It assumes a people are good and will do the right thing.  The Bible clearly teaches man is fallen and there is evil in the world.  Listen to the Bible, not the silly political fallacies of man.

You need just and moral laws.  The opposite is anarchy and evil.  When a government legalizes pot, it legitimizes it and MORE people do it.  Then, as in the case in CA, the cartels rush in and help supply the distributors.  Then, they buy the politicians.  This is part of the demoralization process of a society.  The government wants people high and zoned out.  Druggies don't rebel.

Man.  I think some of you fell off the turnip truck yesterday.  If this is what passes for logic in ID, we will fall too just like CA, OR, and WA.  Stick a fork in it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:07:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HawkinsID:
man is fallen and there is evil in the world.

You need just and moral laws.
View Quote

I was just going to avoid responding to your ramblings anymore but, you keep on keeping on.

You are a keyboarding ironical contradiction wrapped in a self righteous sackcloth.

Fallen evil men do not follow "just and moral laws".

Just quit while you're behind.    

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 9:14:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HawkinsID] [#6]
Do you drive 120 mph in the car pool lane?  I don't think so.  Laws do restrain evil due to the threat of punishment.  If your mind is so corrupted that you don't understand that, I can't help you.  Laws also legitimize moral standards.  Decriminalize drugs and more people do it because they don't see drugs for the evil that they are.  

God gave us the 10 commandments.  Why don't you tell him your thoughts on how stupid that was.  He also instructed Israel to punish the behavior of those who broke his laws.  He needs your input on that too.  

Only a fool doesn't know the threat of punishment has a deterrent effect on evil.  

There is no way you are saved.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: matt58] [#7]
So, the fella who ambushed AND shot 2 IDOC employees at the hospital the other day to help a maximum custody level inmate escape, then went to North Idaho and killed 2 people, obviously did so because they’re no laws against murder, attempted murder or aggravated assault…oh wait, there are!!!

The threat of punishment from the laws already on the books really worked in this scenario, didn’t it?

Your flawed thinking/preaching is flawed…
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Do you drive 120 mph in the car pool lane?  I don't think so.  Laws do restrain evil due to the threat of punishment.  If your mind is so corrupted that you don't understand that, I can't help you.  Laws also legitimize moral standards.  Decriminalize drugs and more people do it because they don't see drugs for the evil that they are.  
Snip.
View Quote

Is that why the state of idaho is the only entity that you can purchase booze from in the state?

You know, the drug that kills untold more people a year than marijuana kills in CO?

Yeesh.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The guy driving 5 under in the fast lane
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:05:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HawkinsID] [#10]
So, the fella who ambushed AND shot 2 IDOC employees at the hospital the other day to help a maximum custody level inmate escape, then went to North Idaho and killed 2 people, obviously did so because they’re no laws against murder, attempted murder or aggravated assault…oh wait, there are!!!

The threat of punishment from the laws already on the books really worked in this scenario, didn’t it?

Your flawed thinking/preaching is flawed…
View Quote

This is why ID is doomed.  Lack of critical thinking.  According to your lack off logic, we should just legalize murder since it didn't stop these two.

Laws and punishment deter crime.  But, they don't deter every illegal act.  Only a fool would not be able to see this.  You are an adult and have zero knowledge of human nature.  Congrats.  

A bicycle lock will stop some thieves.  But, it won't stop them all.  I still lock my bike.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Bakke1:

Is that why the state of idaho is the only entity that you can purchase booze from in the state?

You know, the drug that kills untold more people a year than marijuana kills in CO?

Yeesh.
View Quote

Great.  Another doper trying to justify his Satanic habit.  You are pathetic.  Are you so weak you need drugs to cope with life?  Grow up.  Loser.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#12]

This is why ID is doomed.  Lack of critical thinking.  According to your lack off logic, we should just legalize murder since it didn't stop these two.

Laws and punishment deter crime.  But, they don't deter every illegal act.  Only a fool would not be able to see this.  You are an adult and have zero knowledge of human nature.  Congrats.  

A bicycle lock will stop some thieves.  But, it won't stop them all.  I still lock my bike.
View Quote

Please point out where I stated or implied murder should be legal, I’ll wait…

I was simply responding to your statement, “Laws do restrain evil due to the threat of punishment.” In the incident I mentioned, the threat of punishment did not stop the evil. Your blanket statement does not work here.

And based off your replies in this thread and others, you must be perfect in every facet of life, cause why else would you call-out everyone who disagrees with you? And resorting to name calling is super classy! Please keep up with the personal attacks as well, it makes this a very welcoming place.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Great.  Another doper trying to justify his Satanic habit.  You are pathetic.  Are you so weak you need drugs to cope with life?  Grow up.  Loser.  
View Quote

That one truly made me laugh out loud.  Thanks for the laugh!!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#14]

Please point out where I stated or implied murder should be legal, I’ll wait…

I was simply responding to your statement, “Laws do restrain evil due to the threat of punishment.” In the incident I mentioned, the threat of punishment did not stop the evil. Your blanket statement does not work here.

And based off your replies in this thread and others, you must be perfect in every facet of life, cause why else would you call-out everyone who disagrees with you? And resorting to name calling is super classy! Please keep up with the personal attacks as well, it makes this a very welcoming place.
View Quote

He's a prideful man.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

I do appreciate the good laugh. Thank you. I don’t smoke weed, but I would totally hang out with this satan guy if he wanted to toke up. Sounds like a pretty even keeled character. Maybe I will invite my Jack LDS coworkers over to join too.

Your crystal ball might be cloudy today, but there’s an entire group of people that have absolutely no faith, belief, or desire to understand what you have apparently rooted your entire life and world views around. As in, your religious beliefs have zero impact on anyone’s life except your own. The ultra die hard faction of people in idaho like you, arguably have a greater blue impact on the people who just don’t care about any of this. The vast majority of things that people get up in arms about in threads like this, and all over this site, have very, very little impact in my day to day life. I don’t see, or care about rainbow flags around town. The subset of people that want to drink and get high are going to do that regardless. But I do have a lengthy list of hard core religious folks who approach me while I mind my own business, trying to tell me that the way I live my life is sending me and this country to hell. Those interactions make me want to vote blue, just to piss you off.

And my vote counts just the same as anyone else’s.

Go breathe some air, dude.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#16]
You guys are all wrong. Conservative Californians are going to save this state. Just ask one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:03:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#17]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By IDdave:
You guys are all wrong. Conservative Californians are going to save this state. Just ask one.
View Quote

Hahahahahahaha! No shit!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beauseph] [#20]
I'll help offset one blue vote from a Kalifornia transplant once I get to ID.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Beauseph:
I'll help offset one blue vote from a Kalifornia transplant once I get to ID.
View Quote

For the 87 millionth time....

The problem isn't transplants....

The problem is the big assed bright pink elephant in the room....which is the 10's of thousands of brainwashed kids in high school....colleges....and universities that are graduating and voting Democrat every year.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Is idaho turning blue? (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top