Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2024 7:31:29 PM EDT
The firearm fires greater than .30 cal pistol ammunition?  Is it forbidden to own a 9mm subgun there?  Google seems to suggest this.

On a second note, if I were to get a job in Jacksonville, how bad is the crime really?  I would get an apartment to start, any suggestions for low crime areas?  Internet says Little Rock is the second most dangerous city in the US.  Is that really your experience?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not true on the NFA.

I work EMS in Little Rock, so I deal with all the violence. It's almost exclusively by parties known to one another.  Random violence is extremely rare.  And those that are the violent ones don't want outsiders involved in it.  That makes the cops cracks down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Jacksonville is fairly safe, well as safe as anywhere in central Arkansas

My brother and a couple elderly aunts live in Sherwood just south of Jacksonville.

I haven’t lived in that area for 50 plus years, others will know more.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#3]
My son (now living in Anchorage) used to own a house in Sherwood. Nearby Jacksonville tends to be a little seedy outside the installation gates like the areas just outside all military installations. Outside the "back" gate it's very rural, small farms and pastures.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#4]
You can def own 9mm sub guns in Ark..
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cowboy:
Its been covered but not true on the NFA bit. Without looking, I believe its a weird wording in the law, akin to how a 3 round burst would be legal and not a MG in Arkansas.

West Memphis (and actual Memphis) is a much worse area in and around this state versus Little Rock.
View Quote

Second that. I've lived in West Memphis/Marion and Little Rock. One of the smartest moves I made over 20 years ago was getting the family out of the West Memphis/Marion. It's only gotten worse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top