Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2024 9:25:05 AM EDT
Anybody familiar with the Ivanhoe area?

Will be spending about 5 weeks there coming up.

Wondering if there are any good places to shoot.  It looks like there's a bunch of state forest areas there.  Are those ok to shoot in?

Anybody have any recommendations for restaurants or stuff to do or see in that area?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:

Wondering if there are any good places to shoot.  It looks like there's a bunch of state forest areas there.  Are those ok to shoot in?

Anybody have any recommendations for restaurants or stuff to do or see in that area?

Thanks!
View Quote

There's some interesting historic buildings in nearby Fort Chiswell and I think they rebuilt (fire)The Log House restaurant (circa 1800s) which is best described as cuisiner vittles.  I use to shoot on the power easements in the national forest that way 25 yrs ago, just avoid it during spring gobbler, but maybe it's a no no now?  There's quite a few free public gun ranges scattered in.the national forest.  Lot's of gun people there, they just don't spend much time on the interent.  You might need Starlink.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Panta_Rei:

There's some interesting historic buildings in nearby Fort Chiswell and I think they rebuilt (fire)The Log House restaurant (circa 1800s) which is best described as cuisiner vittles.  I use to shoot on the power easements in the national forest that way 25 yrs ago, just avoid it during spring gobbler, but maybe it's a no no now?  There's quite a few free public gun ranges scattered in.the national forest.  Lot's of gun people there, they just don't spend much time on the interent.  You might need Starlink.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Panta_Rei:
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:

Thanks!

Thanks, Starlink is what we'll have!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top