Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/10/2023 1:45:53 PM EDT

I never made it to an LCR but I made it out to a few shoots and enjoyed bumping into people at the Puyallup WAC shows.

Let's post some pics and videos from the glory days of the wahtf.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 3:12:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#1]
So what happened to it?

I thought I remembered reading a bunch of members got banned.

All I know is that many of the WA-specific gun forums I visit (including Reddit) have gone virtually quiet since the latest legislation went into effect.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I had totally forgotten about that Washington/Texas post count war!!!  Was great to see that in the video you posted.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 3:35:49 PM EDT
[#3]
There was some kind of falling out that I don't recall the particulars of and a bunch of the regulars went to another forum that I don't remember.

This forum never really returned to it's former glory.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:31:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sizzlin_bacon] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mancat:
So what happened to it?

All I know is that many of the WA-specific gun forums I visit (including Reddit) have gone virtually quiet since the latest legislation went into effect.
View Quote

Its because the anti-gun laws that have gone into place are killing the hobby and driving people underground.

ARFCOM has changed a lot.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quite a few WA HTF have left WA.

I lived there 2007-2022.

Departed because of the COVID garbage, WA starting an income (payroll) tax and the increasing repression of anti-2A laws by Ferguson.
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#6]
A number of the original guys still network. I know I'm in a thread with 3 originals.

A lot of the tussle was from the new incoming group in the 2000's. They came, they went. That video was later 2000's with a lot of the newer ones who left.

Funny looking back, I took one of the pics in that video (the local that looks like butthead), I'm John Kerry and in the group pic.

Like Odd fellows, there was a time and a place. If you were there you know.

Where is Strat?

Originally Posted By Procyon:
Quite a few WA HTF have left WA.

I lived there 2007-2022.
View Quote

And this. I was there from 99-22. The only thing I miss are my real (few) friends. I wish them out of there, but understand everybody can't or won't get out.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 2:42:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Unicorn] [#7]
So what happened to it?

View Quote

People were getting banned because admins weren't very consistent. One would post a reply, then another would come along and lock the post and ban someone for something silly.  This went from the busiest forum on ar15.com to being even deader than it is now for a while. Some people have drifted in and out and it's sort of leveled out now. It stopped being fun, just another generic forum with the same questions, the same posts, the same pictures. Nothing new, nothing exciting, no reason to pick this over any other place unless you were checking oout the other forums and popped in.
One dude got a ban for telling someone to not be a pussy.
I got a three day for saying that other gun forums called ar15.com "barfcom," and he wouldn't get it through his skull that no, I didn't call arfcom "barfcom," as it clearly said other forums.
In the last five years or so some people have left WA for less infringement/impairment of their gun rights. Some have moved for work.
The silly laws we got over the past couple years have not helped since there's even less to talk about now. Other than things like, "can I buy spare parts for my AR15," or "is it legal to do xyz now."
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 2:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By sizzlin_bacon:

Its because the anti-gun laws that have gone into place are killing the hobby and driving people underground.

ARFCOM has changed a lot.
View Quote

It had already changed by the time you joined in 2013.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Unicorn:

People were getting banned because admins weren't very consistent. One would post a reply, then another would come along and lock the post and ban someone for something silly.  This went from the busiest forum on ar15.com to being even deader than it is now for a while. Some people have drifted in and out and it's sort of leveled out now. It stopped being fun, just another generic forum with the same questions, the same posts, the same pictures. Nothing new, nothing exciting, no reason to pick this over any other place unless you were checking oout the other forums and popped in.
I got a three day for saying that other gun forums called ar15.com "barfcom," and he wouldn't get it through his skull that no, I didn't call arfcom "barfcom," as it clearly said other forums.
In the last five years or so some people have left WA for less infringement/impairment of their gun rights. Some have moved for work.
The silly laws we got over the past couple years have not helped since there's even less to talk about now. Other than things like, "can I buy spare parts for my AR15," or "is it legal to do xyz now."
View Quote

Did you and I work together at Quantico when they were still down near ponders corner, back when Damon was the manager?
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Good times...
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Belial:
Good times...
View Quote

Yes. It's difficult to say when things Changed but the early '00s were a great time.

I really got into guns after the awb went away in '04 and there were several good years following that.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

Yes. It's difficult to say when things Changed but the early '00s were a great time.

I really got into guns after the awb went away in '04 and there were several good years following that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Belial:
Good times...

It was late 00’s that senior staff wanted some of the behaviors in the forum to go in a different direction. A culture of hazing, even if meant in generally good nature, had developed that was making some members uncomfortable, feeling excluded and unwelcome.

I mean come on, if Ed Sr of all people is saying that something isn’t right and needs to change, it’s probably not right and needs to change. But then came the pushback, escalations and the rest is history.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 12:50:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Ah, yes, the good old days...breakfasts at Ma's Place, arftards yelling, "Aaaaarrrggh!" across the WAC shows, shizzle handtruck ammo, truckloads of Tannerite, fighting over lcr dates, Bahama Breeze, Friday night at PCR's, PIF boxes, Christmas parties and gtg's at the McChevron. Plenty of WAHTF goodness has come and gone,  as have many of our brothers.  You can never go home, but you don't hafta forget it...
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#14]
The glorious militia wars..

I may or may not, have been an insufferable dick/troll..sometimes when youre an angry, rabid dog, you bite everyone... My apologies, I think mostly to boomer in retrospect i regret comments i made towards him...Even the militia supporters had good points, but for sake of argument,  I enjoyed taking opposing views.

Oddly, I never received an official account warning. A mod did message me an say they understood what I was saying, but if I wouldn't mind toning it down some. The only account warning I ever got was in GD, for no shit referring to some beta as "cupcake".

I salute the WAHTF casualties/ permaban I can remember..Torakan(passed away  this year), Matt45, Strat, an all the rest...it was a fun time, I couldn't wait to get off work, log in an see what was going on in the WAHTF.

Now I've slowed down, old age creeps in, I'm able to reflect an my grandchildren have softened my rhetoric an oddly I discovered I actually have some feelings..bizzario world indeed. Things change, people move on, heros are lost, the line cannot hold an no one gets to Valhalla by being a puss.

Standing by for Matt's call/text to tell me to stop being a bitch..
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 161Infantry:
The glorious militia wars..

I may or may not, have been an insufferable dick/troll..sometimes when youre an angry, rabid dog, you bite everyone... My apologies, I think mostly to boomer in retrospect i regret comments i made towards him...Even the militia supporters had good points, but for sake of argument,  I enjoyed taking opposing views.

Oddly, I never received an official account warning. A mod did message me an say they understood what I was saying, but if I wouldn't mind toning it down some. The only account warning I ever got was in GD, for no shit referring to some beta as "cupcake".

I salute the WAHTF casualties/ permaban I can remember..Torakan(passed away  this year), Matt45, Strat, an all the rest...it was a fun time, I couldn't wait to get off work, log in an see what was going on in the WAHTF.

Now I've slowed down, old age creeps in, I'm able to reflect an my grandchildren have softened my rhetoric an oddly I discovered I actually have some feelings..bizzario world indeed. Things change, people move on, heros are lost, the line cannot hold an no one gets to Valhalla by being a puss.

Standing by for Matt's call/text to tell me to stop being a bitch..
View Quote

What I remember most about Matt's was movies on the side of the house, owning the downstairs couch and you rolling down the hill...
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:

What I remember most about Matt's was movies on the side of the house, owning the downstairs couch and you rolling down the hill...
View Quote

In my defense,  I was extremely intoxicated an my pants fell down while urinating..tripping me in denim an going ass 4 teakettles down the hill..but, not my most embarrassing alcohol induced accident..lol
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#17]
How is Matt? I have not talked to him in years! Same number as he’s always had?
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By mstennes:
View Quote

Same cell#....he's getting better, he says, can stand, trying to walk again..still as angry, crouchity, verbose an cuddly as always..
Link Posted: 10/22/2023 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Same cell#....he's getting better, he says, can stand, trying to walk again..still as angry, crouchity, verbose a cuddly as always..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mstennes:

Same cell#....he's getting better, he says, can stand, trying to walk again..still as angry, crouchity, verbose a cuddly as always..

Thanks for the update, glad to know he’s still the same. I’m going to have to throw him a text and get back in touch, it’s been waaaaaaay too long. It’s funny, I’ve never met him face to face, but have texted and talked to him allot.  May be time to take a road trip once work shuts down for the winter.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 4:40:40 AM EDT
[#20]

Did you and I work together at Quantico when they were still down near ponders corner, back when Damon was the manager?
View Quote

No, I was a customer there more than a few times. I did work down the street.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:36:29 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Ah. There was another arfcommer that worked there towards the end of my time there and for some reason I thought it was you.

I was the first employee there besides the first manager and his wife. I got to build the grid wall cubbies and fold all those 511 pants when they came in lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep. Good times.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Ah. There was another arfcommer that worked there towards the end of my time there and for some reason I thought it was you.

I was the first employee there besides the first manager and his wife. I got to build the grid wall cubbies and fold all those 511 pants when they came in lol
View All Quotes

Blindfox I'm 99%. If I'm wrong, I blame it on chemo brain lol.
Jeff, the manager after Damien I think, was on here for a short time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2023 8:10:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

It was late 00’s that senior staff wanted some of the behaviors in the forum to go in a different direction. A culture of hazing, even if meant in generally good nature, had developed that was making some members uncomfortable, feeling excluded and unwelcome.

I mean come on, if Ed Sr of all people is saying that something isn’t right and needs to change, it’s probably not right and needs to change. But then came the pushback, escalations and the rest is history.
View Quote

the biggest problem, for me at least, was that they weren't consistent. There were multiple threads where mods, staff, and admin made posts, then later a different one would come along and lock it and hand out temp bans for things that were posted before the mod/staff/admin had posted. Then they claimed that they were all following the same rules. Until the threads were referenced and screenshots shown. Then it was, "well of course we're not going to be all the exact same, we're only human." Understood, but don't be so far apart that one person is quoting someone, then another bans the person quoted!
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#25]
The questionnaire was awesome and thorough.   lol
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 4:16:09 AM EDT
[#26]
I made a comment on a lady probably having wrinkly knees in the BOTD forum and got a time out.  Between that and not being able to haze the new WAHTF people felt like my rights were being oppressed.  Oh yeah, we were starting the election and people had some STRONG opinions about Obama.  

With the strong opinions on the election, the overall place started feeling like early Friday night on a three day weekend when the cop has told you and your buddies that if you all shut your mouth and go home he isn't going to arrest you.  Right when you say "Thanks officer! Color is gone!" BUT your buddy very belligerently says "F-You Pig! I know my rights!"  You know you aren't posting bail until Tuesday if the planets align.  

Anyway, that's how we lost to the Texas forum.  New mods, an election, and wrinkly knees.  

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 12:39:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 11:43:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By migradog:

Admin and staff were handing out locks, bans etc. that the mods weren't even aware of.

View Quote
It turned into a bit of a shitshow and all they saw were turds. I know better. I met some of the best people in America right here. And a few, um...turds.
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#29]
There have been a few deaths among us old timers.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Gibby:
There have been a few deaths among us old timers.  
View Quote

Unfortunately true
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 5:28:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#31]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#32]
When my son that is stationed out in WA needed help getting his car pulled out of the snow awhile ago the WAHTF came through, Mainsail in particular. You guys are still good in my book, message me if you need help from the TNHTF side of things.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#33]
So what happened to it?

View Quote

Very obvious reason for that. But if you don’t know you don’t know. Someone may be able to send you a clue or a signal why though.

However for the most part. The small fight knit groups are still here. We’re just more direct and less out in the open.
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 8:49:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By CavVet:

Where is Strat?

And this. I was there from 99-22. The only thing I miss are my real (few) friends. I wish them out of there, but understand everybody can't or won't get out.
View Quote

Strat is good. He’s living life and enjoying freedom. If you wish to con at him I may be able to help make that happen. Otherwise he’s enjoying persec and opsec a lot. I do talk with him on occasion.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By migradog:

It seems as though the WAHTF worked its way into somebody's sights and the trigger got pulled.

You're damn right about some of the best people in America are/were right here in the WAHTF.

The turds were few and far between, and the so-called razzing usually separated the wheat from the chaff.

I've met some awesome people and made some great friends thanks to the WAHTF, LCR, Girlfriend and Pig Shoots

I'll also have many Igood memories of the WAHTF, especially one of Da Bunny putting a lower together for me in Razzle's over burgers & beer after a GF shoot.

View Quote
I  completely forgot that was yours. I remember meeting the future Mrs Scrun. I remember the waitress. I don't even remember what I ate.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Speaking of old school, seems like I haven’t seen gwitness post in a while. Anyone stay in touch with him IRL? Hope all is okay.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Speaking of old school, seems like I haven’t seen gwitness post in a while. Anyone stay in touch with him IRL? Hope all is okay.
View Quote

He was at my house teaching me about reloading a week ago.

He’s doing okay.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 12:40:16 PM EDT
[#38]
The WA Hometown was like...
When there was a dedicated core of solid friends who went to fun shows and got together rain or shine to shoot it was fun.
As it got more popular we started to get some serious 'tards (RebelGray anyone) showing up.
Then more and more people showed up.
A certain person brought a group of his friends and followers in and that's when the cliques started.
If you didn't like person A all of his sycophant's would dogpile in if you dared to disagree.
If you didn't know the secret handshake then you were personae non gratae.
There could have been longtime members who were given the ban hammer for their BS that had been acceptable for years.
That's about the time that the admins took notice of the WA Hometown forum and what was going on.
Certain members got into pissing matches with the admins and bam, banhammer.
That's about the time when the non-Arfcom group started up.
It sucks, but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I have been able to get a couple of the locked accounts unlocked over the years and a few that staff refused to unlock. It is what it is. Many of us are still connected. A forum doesn’t make friends. It just helps connect them. Once real friendships are formed it extends far beyond arfcom.  

And people that had “some issues” with each other can and have made peace, broke bread, and are now friends. I’m still happy I am here and meeting more people. Granted when I first got here I didn’t have any grey hair. Unfortunately we’re all getting older and hopefully growing up.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

He’s doing okay.
View All Quotes

He’s doing okay.

Thanks. That’s good to hear.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Sent him a link to this thread. He’s seen it.
Link Posted: 11/24/2023 5:15:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#42]
View Quote
I remember a MOD getting fired for making a "woodpile" comment to one of the members he was arguing with.

For me WHTF turned into a --what the hell is olympia gonna do this year??!-- source of news. But now even those guys who kept us informed dont post here anymore. I imagine they lost hope like the rest of us after the mag ban. Plus theres other way better Wa gun news sources now. I barely come here anymore except to post whatever GOOD news is relevant.

Link Posted: 11/25/2023 12:56:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
I remember a MOD getting fired for making a "woodpile" comment to one of the members he was arguing with.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

There was a bit more to that story and leading up to it.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 1:43:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Oh, what a tangled web we weave. We started out as the Three Stooges and ended up in a Hallmark movie. After a couple decades here, I am comfortable in my own skin, wrinkled as it is. I do miss the camaraderie and shenanigans. I miss many old friends. But, we still have the clubhouse here should anyone want to get together. A couple of us have been posting and hosting, to little avail. The enthusiasm is, shall we say, limited? I had every intention of doing a Christmas party this year, complete with Secret Santa. But, given the response to LCR's, I figured I'd be hosting 4 people. But, I will do my best to keep those four.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:10:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Perhaps there will be a LCR shoot in 2024?

Seems like those of us still around can share some vibrant culture, and perhaps new members can then in turn pass that along to future generations.

RIP all of our deceased WHTF brothers and best regards to those who have fled the state
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By shadows:
Perhaps there will be a LCR shoot in 2024?

Seems like those of us still around can share some vibrant culture, and perhaps new members can then in turn pass that along to future generations.

RIP all of our deceased WHTF brothers and best regards to those who have fled the state
View Quote

We did three in 2023. There will likely be three more in 2024.

And much noise will be made.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 2:50:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:17:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
View Quote
We can't see you, but we hear you...
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Strat is good. He’s living life and enjoying freedom. If you wish to con at him I may be able to help make that happen. Otherwise he’s enjoying persec and opsec a lot. I do talk with him on occasion.
View Quote

He's still as ornery as ever lol, but yep he's good.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 1:35:10 PM EDT
[#50]
I suppose the question we should be asking is; "how many of us moved east of Spokane and north of I-90, and where's a good pit to meet up? (And who's going to bring Dolly?)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top