Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 6:07:59 PM EDT
My wife and I celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary by visiting your beautiful state. I asked a bunch of questions before our trip and y’all were nice enough to answer them.  Thank you!

We were mainly in the NWA area. Spent a few days based in Springdale. Went to Eureka Springs, Bentonville, and even did a side trip to Branson.  Beautiful scenery. Reminded of the Texas hill country except the hills were taller and greener.  It also wasn’t as hot as the devil’s backside. Got to see Thorncrown Chapel (inspiring) and Crystal Bridge Museum.  Great collection of paintings and sculptures but the real “wow” was the building itself. The blurring of the line between indoors and outdoors along with the incorporation of industrial elements was amazing.

Then we spent a couple of days in Hot Springs.  Stayed at the Double Tree on Lake Thomas. If I had a few spare million I’d be tempted to buy a place on the lake.  Did a Duck Tour which was fun. (Note: it wasn’t the best time to do it because it was a bit chilly and the Ducks are open.)Didn’t realize Hot Springs had such a historic tie with gangsters.  Definitely wanted to read more about that. And of course had to visit one of the thermal baths on bathhouse row.  (It’s not that kind of bathhouse. Get your minds out of the gutter.) After all the driving and walking the previous few days, and the chilly Duck tour, that hot water hit the spot. Enjoyed seeing the historic buildings that are being preserved. Here they tear them down and put up some modern looking monstrosities.

Thanks again for your help. Let me know if you have questions about traveling in Texas.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad you had a good time.
Hot Springs can be a lot of fun, as is Eureka Springs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top