Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2024 2:21:31 AM EDT
He is a former US Rep. from west Michigan, Republican again after going Libertarian and Independent for a bit.  His family is Palestinian, and his wife is Syrian; they're Orthodox Christian.  He has lost some relatives in the current Gaza war.
I wonder how much support he'll get from the folks in Dearborn. He might be the strongest R candidate for that Senate seat.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:49:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Wasn't he a flaming Trump hater?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:
Wasn't he a flaming Trump hater?
View Quote

They have their differences, but I don't know what the specific issues were or are.  I have to believe they're on the same page on some issues, like funding foreign wars.
They might be opposed on trade tariffs.
I'm sick of having two D Senators and now a D Rep in the job that Amash used to hold.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:59:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuglespritz] [#3]
I used to live in his District and I think he could have been a much more solid Republican, especially since it was President Ford's Congressional District he was representing.  I believe Amish is now an Independent, or at least he was when he left Congress.  I found the below information after doing a search on Amash's voting record.  It's from a CNN article dated May 20, 2019:

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bucket-Back:
Not impressed with Justin Amish
View Quote

Agree but probably the best bet we have.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By edcarPT:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By edcarPT:
Originally Posted By Bucket-Back:
Not impressed with Justin Amish
Amash was a terrible disappointment, no way does he deserve a second chance when we have a very solid America-First choice in Nikki Snyder;
https://hirenikki.com/

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Amash is an open border advocate and an illegal alein sympathizer.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 2:00:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Mike Rogers is in it now and he is endorsed by Trump.   He is a former R Rep and said to be a moderate so maybe MIGOP will get behind him.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By curiomatic:
Mike Rogers is in it now and he is endorsed by Trump.   He is a former R Rep and said to be a moderate so maybe MIGOP will get behind him.
View Quote
Trump needs better advisors, as Rogers is as deepstate as they get....and just like with Hoekstra, MIGOP knows it.
There are GOP leadership fights in several States going on right now, just like there is in MI.
Swampsters tried to kick Karamo off the top of the MIGOP, but the America-firsters are not relenting without a fight (which is ongoing)...
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sca037:
Trump needs better advisors, as Rogers is as deepstate as they get....and just like with Hoekstra, MIGOP knows it.
There are GOP leadership fights in several States going on right now, just like there is in MI.
Swampsters tried to kick Karamo off the top of the MIGOP, but the America-firsters are not relenting without a fight (which is ongoing)...
View All Quotes

I just want the GOP to unite and put more Republicans in office. Michigan is already circling the drain; if the next midterms go to the Democrats, Michigan will be done.
In your opinion, who is the most electable Republican candidate for the US Senate seat?
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 10:15:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sca037] [#12]
America-first Precinct Delegates like me also want the repubs to unite, but it's the old guard that is fighting US at every turn.
I don't know who the most electable Senate candidate is, but like I've already mentioned I think Nikki Snyder is the best.
My 2nd choice would be Glenn Wilson, he a solid conservative as well but unlike Nikki...has never before held a Statewide public office so isn't well known;
https://www.voteglennwilson.com/post/entrepreneur-and-veteran-glenn-wilson-announces-campaign-for-u-s-senate-in-michigan

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:30:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#13]

I just want the GOP to unite and put more Republicans in office. Michigan is already circling the drain; if the next midterms go to the Democrats, Michigan will be done.
In your opinion, who is the most electable Republican candidate for the US Senate seat?
View All Quotes

Unfortunately, Rogers is the "most electable," but he's really a piece of crap, as sca037 said.

Nikki Snyder dropped out of the Senate race.  
https://michiganadvance.com/2024/03/22/republican-nikki-snyder-drops-out-of-u-s-senate-race-to-seek-congressional-seat-instead/
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, Nikki has now shifted her campaign to a House seat...

I still like Glenn Wilson, but have recently met Dr. Sherry O'Donnell who is also an impressive candidate;
https://www.docsherry2024.com/meet-dr-sherry-odonnell

Either would be hugely better than slimeball Rogers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top