Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2023 9:18:33 PM EDT
Ours went down almost 29% from last year's. Anyone else's take a big dive?
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine too.

They should go down as there are more people paying taxes. Economy of scale, etc.

A road only cost so much, and there are thousands more tax payers now.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, paided less, should be even lower though ....
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 11:06:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It was because the legislature made a change to the law so that we would all see a drop.

https://legislature.idaho.gov/sessioninfo/2023/legislation/H0292/
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to ask a sidebar question, if I may.

What is the correct pronunciation of "kootenai"?

I hear "kootney" a lot and I don't understand how you'd get there from the spelling. Lol

My property taxes in Bonner county were lower than forecasted when we bought our place this year. My friend that also lives in BC said his are down ~20% or so from last year as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 1:20:46 AM EDT
[#5]
“Kootney” is the natural progression of language. People generally change word’s because language is lazy.

Coeur d’Alene is French and should be pronounced more like “cur” not coor like in Coors beer.

Coeur means heart. Corazon is heart in Spanish.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is up 25% from when I moved here in early 2020. Crappy little house on 10 acres.

Then again gas is still 100% + higher from that time frame. $1.53 a gallon in February 2020 to $3.23 right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top