Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2023 11:55:34 AM EDT
So I’m meeting a lady for our first date soon in Lafayette. Can any of y’all recommend a good restaurant? Looking for something tasty but not $100 a plate. Leaning toward a Cajun or a Louisiana style place, but sushi has also been discussed.

So far looking online, I’ve found Fezzo’s, Don’s Seafood, and The Cajun Table. I’ve had Fezzo’s before and it was great, but I wouldn’t mind trying something new. I was also told there is a Luna in Laf, which we have in Lake Charles and I’ve heard good things about but somehow never been too.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 10:09:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_S] [#1]
Don't know any restaurants in the Lafayette area

But I know one thing, woman love chip & dip
Get that woman some quaso

Good luck O.P.
I hope it goes good for you man.

Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Lafayette has some fine eating establishments.
Can you narrow it down a little?
Mexican, cajun, seafood, indian, french, chain or mom and pop?

Actually I would let her pick.
Take her some place she wants to go but rarely goes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I was leaning toward something Cajun, as she’s from Slidell and I don’t think they have much of that over there. I know she’s told me she’s never had boudin, and I intend to change that.

We’re also looking for something to do on a Saturday afternoon before we go eat. I rarely go to Lafayette, so I’m at a loss on where to go and what to do. Not really looking to sit in a bar, but if there was some live music I wouldn’t mind that. Thought about bowling, I’ve heard about rock n bowl on KBON. Its too early in the relationship to go shooting. I’m saving that for date 3.

She has mentioned she’s into history. Is there any kind of Cajun history museum, or anything like that over there? Surely there has to be something.

Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:14:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: huggybro] [#4]
Skip the Cajun history museums. You do not have enough time.

For a Saturday afternoon fun time, I would suggest Adopted Dog Brewery in Lafayette or LA31 Brewery near Arnaudville.
For a nice meal after that maybe the Little Big Cup in Arnaudville, Cafe Josephine in Sunset,
or Prejeans in Carencro. Stop by the Best Stop near Prejeans and treat her to some boudin.

Lafayette has so many great places to eat. It will take months to figure out what you like.
Wine her and dine her over the weekend. Then in the future you can overnight with her at a plantation
AirBnB with lots of history and 69 her.
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Also check out "Foodies of Lafayette"  Facebook page.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the tips. As much as I’d love to spend the afternoon at a brewery, I live over an hour from Lafayette, so I don’t plan on drinking much.

The Broussard zoo has been suggested to me, as well as a swamp tour. Not sure if the weather will be right for either of those.

For supper, I’m thinking Prejean’s or Bon Temps Grill.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Prejeans near Carencro and Fezzos near Scott
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#8]
The date happened last weekend. We toured Vermillionville and had supper at Prejean’s in Broussard. I also brought her some boudin from Katchners in Scott. All of that was top notch. Thank y’all for the recommendations.

We’ll be seeing each other again, so hopefully we can try some of these other places in Lafayette.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Don's Seafood on Johnston St. has been consistently great for decades, you can not go wrong there.
If you're willing to drive a little, St. John's in St. Martinville is worth the trip, "I guaranteeeee"!  
Pat's in Henderson, then McGee's for a swamp tour.
Avery Island for a Tabasco tour.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't visit HTF as much I used to. There's some good suggestions here for Cajun food. Don's seafood hut usually never bad. Fezzo's doesn't impress me. Little Big Cup mentioned above is a ways away, but great food and atmosphere, especially if it's a nice day and get a table on the back deck.

I've always heard great things about Cafe' Josephine's but never been - would like to go soon. Been years since I have been to Prejean's even since they opened a new one right down the road, but they were good when I went.

Another place not mentioned is Poor Boy's Riverside Inn. The Redfish Riverside is amazing. Don't let the name fool you, it's not for poor boys, though you may be poor when you leave.

Someone mentioned Avery Island and Tabasco factory. It's great scenery to drive through and worth going at least once if you've never been.
The Festival International is coming in late April and I always enjoy that, but I'm old and don't really keep up with weekend events.
I assume your schedules puts you meeting up on weekends only?
If not, the Blue Monday Sessions (local blues artists) happen at various locations in Lafayette once a month But as the name suggests, it's on Mondays. They also usually have plate lunches for sale and a cash bar. I've gone before and enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
The lady I was seeing ended up breaking things off a few weeks ago. Said the distance was too great. Ah well.

I’ll keep all of these suggestions for the next time I have a date, or when I feel like venturing out on my own. Thanks again guys.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Logan45:
The lady I was seeing ended up breaking things off a few weeks ago. Said the distance was too great. Ah well.

I'll keep all of these suggestions for the next time I have a date, or when I feel like venturing out on my own. Thanks again guys.
View Quote

Doent worry. Plenty of thots of all kinds around Lafayette, no matter how methed messed up it is
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Logan45:

I’ll keep all of these suggestions for the next time I have a date, or when I feel like venturing out on my own. Thanks again guys.
View Quote

Sorry bro.  Keep looking.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Sorry bro.  Keep looking.
View Quote

I probably will, but after 20 years of dating an not finding the right lady, I’m starting to think I’m the problem. That’s probably a discussion for another thread, however.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Summoning my skills in necromancy, I'd like to keep the thread alive as I'm making a trip to Lafayette in a few weeks. We'll be staying across the street from the Cajundome and would prefer nearby, but not opposed to venturing out. I'd prefer seafood, but open to anything good. I'll be making a trip to Best Stop for cracklins on the way home for sure.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:45:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By soopagloo:
Summoning my skills in necromancy, I'd like to keep the thread alive as I'm making a trip to Lafayette in a few weeks. We'll be staying across the street from the Cajundome and would prefer nearby, but not opposed to venturing out. I'd prefer seafood, but open to anything good. I'll be making a trip to Best Stop for cracklins on the way home for sure.

View Quote

Well you are kind of in a weird spot in town.

Not far away, hit Old Time Grocery (bring cash). A killer unknown place is Hot Food Express. Go there for lunch.

My favorite, it’s a place called Mary’s, it’s out a few miles in the country. Or what used to be the country. Go for lunch. It’s a lady’s house around the back by the tree.

202 Fenetre Rd, Scott, LA 70583

If you venture further out, there are more places. There are also some other cool places to hang out. The places above are the lunch places I like.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#17]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
Don't visit HTF as much I used to. There's some good suggestions here for Cajun food. Don's seafood hut usually never bad. Fezzo's doesn't impress me. Little Big Cup mentioned above is a ways away, but great food and atmosphere, especially if it's a nice day and get a table on the back deck.

I've always heard great things about Cafe' Josephine's but never been - would like to go soon. Been years since I have been to Prejean's even since they opened a new one right down the road, but they were good when I went.

Another place not mentioned is Poor Boy's Riverside Inn. The Redfish Riverside is amazing. Don't let the name fool you, it's not for poor boys, though you may be poor when you leave.

Someone mentioned Avery Island and Tabasco factory. It's great scenery to drive through and worth going at least once if you've never been.
The Festival International is coming in late April and I always enjoy that, but I'm old and don't really keep up with weekend events.
I assume your schedules puts you meeting up on weekends only?
If not, the Blue Monday Sessions (local blues artists) happen at various locations in Lafayette once a month But as the name suggests, it's on Mondays. They also usually have plate lunches for sale and a cash bar. I've gone before and enjoyed it.
View Quote

My wife and I will be in Metairie via Lafayette in a month or so.  Spent some time checking out the restaurants you recommended. Booked lunch at The Little Big Cup, as a dinner time wasn’t available the day we needed.  That’s ok.  Dinner at Poor Boys one night, Dons Seafood another night, and a lunch at Dupuy’s in Abbeyville.  I plan to eat my weight in oysters there.

I couldn’t find much info as to dates on Blue Monday Sessions.  I’ll check again as the time gets closer.  We love stuff like that.  We’ll Quarter rat one day, and get dinner at the Pelican Club.  Nobody does food as good as Louisiana.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:40:40 PM EDT
[#18]
New lady, new adventures.  

The halfway point between her place and mine is roughly New Iberia.  I haven't been down there in a long, long time.  I hear it might not be the best place to stop, that maybe there are some rough areas there.  Is it just certain parts of New Iberia, or should I just stay on 90 and keep driving?  

We've tossed around the idea of meeting at a park for a picnic.  Any places within 10-15 miles we should look at?  I see Avery Island isn't far, but that might be more involved than just an afternoon meet up.  The town of Lydia isn't far off 90, and they have a park, but I'd hate to drive an hour and half down there just to realize they have a ball game or something going on.  

Jeanerette, Baldwin, Franklin... All along the route.  Youngsville and St Martinville would be a little closer to me, little further for her.  Open to suggestion...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:42:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#19]
We went to Poor Boys Riverside Inn in Broussard.  It was wonderful.  Our waitress brought my wife a sample of the chicken cream noodle soup to try.  I noticed my wife was quiet.  When I looked at her, her mouth was slightly open, her eyes were rolled back and she said, “My God”.  She also had the crab and corn bisque, crab topped paneed flounder, and a slice of mud pie.  The waitress also comped us some sweet potato beignets.  

I ordered the Jumbo Lump in butter.  Never had a 1/2 lb of crab meat in butter as an entree before.  It was worth the trip.

When we left, we went to Avery Island to visit the Tabasco plant again.  The waitress’ mom comped our tickets.  Made some friends with some Danes who had rented Harleys in Florida and were making a trip to California.  There were at least 40 of them.

Went to a local haunt in Scott, Uncle T’s Oyster bar.  The food was fantastic. I got the oyster Poboy and charbroiled oysters with a boudin/Creole mustard sauce and pepper jack.

" />
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#20]
I keep hearing about Uncle T’s on KBON, I need to add that to my list. I can’t keep a woman around, guess I’ll have to check it out by myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I would’ve reached out and invited you, but it was a spur of the moment decision when the hotel GM recommended it.  We ate at Don’s the first night.  It was good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:
I would’ve reached out and invited you, but it was a spur of the moment decision when the hotel GM recommended it.  We ate at Don’s the first night.  It was good.
View Quote

Interact with other humans??? In real life?????  
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Just kidding.  Seemed like the right thing to say.

Stuck on the I10 bridge heading to Lafayette from Baton Rouge today, going over the Atchafalaya basin for an hour and a half.  Got to the end and there was nothing causing the slowdown.  

My sister fed us well.

" />
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 7:48:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HEdad] [#24]
We have the stupidest traffic in and around BR. 9/10 times, there’s nothing to cause a back up! Glad y’all had a good time and full bellies otherwise!
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:58:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: huggybro] [#25]
Dude, you picked some great restaurants and ordered some good food.
We have some good places to eat here in Lafayette.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#26]
Originally Posted By HEdad:
We have the stupidest traffic in and around BR. 9/10 times, there’s nothing to cause a back up! Glad y’all had a good time and full bellies otherwise!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HEdad:

We actually avoided BR heading to Metairie from TX this trip because by the time we get close, the River bridge is backed up for miles.  Every single time.  So we decided to split the trip up and stay in Lafayette for a few days.  Glad we did.  Of course the return trip got us.

Dude, you picked some great restaurants and ordered some good food.
We have some good places to eat here in Lafayette.

Yes y’all do.  I had a lunch reservation at The Little Big Cup, but unfortunately, we couldn’t make it.  Planned on going to Dupuy’s in Abbeville too, but missed that opportunity.

Looks like we squeezed the trip in between the Festival International de Louisiane and Jazz Fest.  It’s that time of year for Louisiana.  

I started to feel like crap on Friday.  Tested positive for Covid and came home yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 2:13:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#27]
Forgot about our stop in Gray on the way to Metarie.  We stopped at the Bourgeois Meat Market for a cheeseburger, some jerky, boudin, hogshead cheese, and a 14” Smithey cast iron skillet.  I had been wanting one of those, and figured this was the time to get it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top