Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2024 10:15:19 PM EDT
We are looking for a good 5+ acre lot to build on in the Maryville area.  I have alerts setup whenever a new plot hits the MLS, but it seems that there are not many folks looking to sell - not much is popping up.  On the other hand, I have alerts setup for the Johnson City area and see lots of lots pop up for sale in comparison.  Any feedback on this area compared to Maryville?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 4:21:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#1]
1st off it is 2 totally different landscapes, Maryville is 1/2 way across the state

It's beyond booming here, thousands of homes and condos/townhomes have been built in JC/Bristol/Grey/Kingsport area in last 4 years, we have had 50k people move into the tri-cities.

I guess your line of work would be a factor, I don't think you can get 5acres in the city, you need to look to the counties, Washington, Sevier, Carter and Sullivan

@optoisolator
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:21:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optoisolator] [#2]
Maryville is halfway across the state?  Are you sure you're thinking of the right place?  Maryville is just east of Knoxville, and Johnson City is about 125 miles N/E of there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 9:38:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bansil:
1st off it is 2 totally different landscapes, Maryville is 1/2 way across the state

@optoisolator
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 2:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Look out towards Sweetwater/Niota area.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 5:39:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bansil] [#5]
1/2 way was kind of sarcastic

it's a 3rd it's still East TN
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bansil:
1/2 way was kind of sarcastic

it's a 3rd it's still East TN
View Quote

It's all good - appreciate the feedback.  I know TN is getting slammed, just like FL is.  One of the reasons we want to leave here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1literduceater] [#7]
Originally Posted By optoisolator:
We are looking for a good 5+ acre lot to build on in the Maryville area.  I have alerts setup whenever a new plot hits the MLS, but it seems that there are not many folks looking to sell - not much is popping up.  On the other hand, I have alerts setup for the Johnson City area and see lots of lots pop up for sale in comparison.  Any feedback on this area compared to Maryville?

Thanks!
View Quote

Look in the Kodak, New Market, Jefferson City area.

Or Rutledge, Corryton. Not sure what you're looking to be close to. I value proximity to the interstate, it makes everywhere much closer.

Greeneville is further east, but it's pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1literduceater:

Greeneville is further east, but it's pretty sweet.
View Quote

Greeneville is a great area. Cocke county is also pretty nice, and there is a ton of land on the market.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#9]
I lived in Gray 2003-2005. It was a really pretty area, with all the beautiful outdoor areas you could ask for. If you like outdoor activities, you're pretty much set. I found JC itself pretty boring though, to be honest, although they had all the usual small city stores etc. Being able to pop into Wideners back then was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Shoresy:
I lived in Gray 2003-2005. It was a really pretty area, with all the beautiful outdoor areas you could ask for. If you like outdoor activities, you're pretty much set. I found JC itself pretty boring though, to be honest, although they had all the usual small city stores etc. Being able to pop into Wideners back then was awesome.
View Quote

Wideners was really awesome pre 1997, you walked in, got a hand truck and shopped, I grabbed a Romanian milled AK for $75 out of a crate, should bought the whole crate. Typical shopping would be a couple 50 cal cans of wolf? Russian 7,62 x39 and 3 cans of L1A1 surplus .308....5 cases of ammo was well under $100....the parking lot was full of pallets with $5 50cal cans
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top