Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2024 2:12:00 PM EDT
MN has introduced a bill that blatantly and intentionally disregards US Federal Laws, multiple US Supreme Court Rulings and the US Constitution. MN HF3628 would make felons out of ordinary, law-abiding people. This bill attempts to outlaw even the possession of what they deem assault weapons, including some of the most commonly owned rifles, pistols and shotguns. This bill would also force every one of these firearms to be registered, which directly defies the US Federal Firearm Owner's Protection Act.

This is our lawmakers creating laws that make the government more important than the people - exactly the opposite of what the US Constitution directs them to do. And they are doing it in plain sight.

If the bill should somehow pass, our current Supreme Court would likely shut it down. But there is no guarantee it would get to the US Supreme Court or that the court makeup will remain as it currently is. I do not believe this bill will come close to passing, but it brings to light how corrupt these officials have become and that is what needs to be addressed.

Please watch the following video (skip to the 1:10 mark) from Attorney William Kirk for a very clear explanation - this bill is so bad that an attorney from the state of Washington has made a video about it. Then make some phone calls and send emails and get people to vote for lawmakers who will not put the government before the people.

Minnesota Adopts the Illinois' Model for Assault Weapon Bans
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MAKAK47] [#2]
Any rural DFL and the rest need to feel the pressure for sure

Pray to god SCOTUS strikes the Illinois ban down
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 12:54:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 1:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks loon, I just came here to post a link to that petition.

The petition takes less than 15 seconds to fill out - name, email and zip code. Use a legitimate email please, the opposition tries to discredit the validity of the petition if invalid email addresses are used. Create an email just for this purpose so you don't have to use your primary email.

Also MN Gun Owner's Caucus does good things in MN and for the entire country, support them if you can.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mojo700:
Thanks loon, I just came here to post a link to that petition.

The petition takes less than 15 seconds to fill out - name, email and zip code. Use a legitimate email please, the opposition tries to discredit the validity of the petition if invalid email addresses are used. Create an email just for this purpose so you don't have to use your primary email.

Also MN Gun Owner's Caucus does good things in MN and for the entire country, support them if you can.
View Quote

Absolutely support them, and make efforts to attend the upcoming rallies at the capitol:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 4:26:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By loon_138:
https://gunowners.mn/take-action/petitions/stop-the-semi-auto-gun-ban-2024/?__s=iuiv9gsobcr55ilwfmo2

Sign the above petition and pass it on to others
View Quote

Signed it earlier
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:34:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Hit and shared.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:07:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Signed petition, wrote my reps (again) and donated. (again)
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Signed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I believe the non-compliance rate in Illinois is less than 2% for their registration law.  What that really means I have no idea.  Though if you are young enough or old enough… a point could come for many.  Leave or stay.  The leave option generally is not in the “fiber” of our collective history.  

We talk about being invaded at the boarders.  We have been invaded and nearly conquered with complacency and an inability to prevail with common sense.  The nutty proposals from the fringe is totally common sense to them.  Our collective realities in different universes.  Much less the same state at times.  That is nearly impossible to overcome in the short term.  

Hoping the courts will eventually make things right is wishful thinking.  Believing a different President. or Congress. or Legislature might slow the invasion is possible but it won’t stop it.  Here in MN until the “hunters” who shoot a box of ammo or box of shells a year become more engaged in the 2A there just are not enough souls to balance out the nuts from Hennipen and Ramsey Counties coming up with these crazy ideas.  Those quiet hunter types are the perfect example of the famous quote about first they came for x, and then they came for y, and I said nothing… finally they came for me and it was too late.  Until the out state DFL voters who happen to own firearms begin to make a lot of “noise” with their elected folks things are grim and we might be tipping to the point of no return.

I am not sure anyone has taken anything.  We just have all collectively slowly given up our rights willingly.  Easier to be entwined with football and beers than be engaged in the Democratic Republic we have, or did have.  I believe less than 20% of the colonists supported the idea of the Revolution against the King.  Somehow I don’t think the 20% who are sending us closer to oblivion are the same types of people who collectively told the King to pound sand and changed the course of world history for the better which had never happened before.

We surely live in interesting and historic times.
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Has this been through committee yet?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 12:59:02 AM EDT
[#13]
The prospect for future gun laws was part of the matrix I used for choosing a new location when getting out of MN after the ridiculous Covid idiocy followed on by the riots and protests for St. Floyd of Fentanyl.

Things aren’t perfect in Montana, but they aren’t perfect anywhere. Almost all of you would be welcome here, and bring all your guns.

I really do feel bad for those stuck in MN.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Eagle_19er:
The prospect for future gun laws was part of the matrix I used for choosing a new location when getting out of MN after the ridiculous Covid idiocy followed on by the riots and protests for St. Floyd of Fentanyl.

Things aren’t perfect in Montana, but they aren’t perfect anywhere. Almost all of you would be welcome here, and bring all your guns.

I really do feel bad for those stuck in MN.
View Quote

You are in my home state. I would love to return to the western side but the economy and housing situation say no
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Signed!

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#17]
This https://www.kvrr.com/2024/04/22/state-senator-from-woodbury-arrested-for-burglary-in-detroit-lakes/ may save MN gunowners this session as the Dems only have that 1 vote margin... fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top