Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Leaving Las Washington (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/31/2023 4:09:02 AM EDT
Been in Idaho almost 3 years now.
Took a 90% reduction in property tax....
30% in fuel
Free garbage
3% in sales tax
I buy and sell guns off a push pin board at the local mercantile.
35% off liquor
I vote in person
50% hunting license and tags
65% auto insurance
And the list goes on...

ZERO regrets

Get out of that liberal shithole while you still can.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:06:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CavVet] [#1]
Today is the day dogs sleep with cats

I agree with him110%, except I buy my guns in the grocery store parking lot

Staying, just to say you are fighting a good fight, is futile, you are surrounded and they are closing in  Strategic retreat for your wallet, for your life, for your sanity, is the only smart move.

Escape before they criminalize you or worse. You know a complete ban is coming, this year or next.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Been a little more than 2 years for me and it's been great

I still miss a lot of things about WA, but a nonstop flight from Cincinnati to SeaTac is ~$200. I can fly out a few times a year to go sailing or see friends and still come out ahead  
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CavVet:
Today is the day dogs sleep with cats

I agree with him110%, except I buy my guns in the grocery store parking lot

Staying, just to say you are fighting a good fight, is futile, you are surrounded and they are closing in  Strategic retreat for your wallet, for your life, for your sanity, is the only smart move.

Escape before they criminalize you or worse. You know a complete ban is coming, this year or next.

View Quote

Yes, Ohio is so much better today, oh wait did t your go on or just veto a anti minor trans bill to protect minors from gender surgery? Sounds like you need to focus on his removal now and not our fights.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 1GUNRUNNER:
30% in fuel
Free garbage
3% in sales tax
35% off liquor
I vote in person
65% auto insurance
And the list goes on...

ZERO regrets

View Quote

Well as much as I’d like to cut and run, yes we almost bought property and may still, we simply can not leave. My grand parents homesteader in the Methow Valley, I grew up there, my kids did as well, now my grand kids are growing up here. No hard decision at all for us, we stay fight and refuse to comply. There is simply to much more to leave then the west side stupid. I know non compliance and other fights are coming, things won’t change, and costs will stay high but unless the king from the west side forms a new state police the east side will become more defiant as well as quite possible a successful split like oregon is attempting.

I think and so do many others that 2024 will show which direction the nation is heading, if Biden wins again our states bullshit will be nothing compared to what is coming nationally. More and more people here are fed up, and the last BLM rally in my area ended almost quicker then it started, it also cost our liberal prosecutor his job as in he also attempted to defend his position then abruptly resigned and moved back to the west side.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]
It's hard to leave the stupid level of pay I get for the relative amount of work I put in via the maritime industry. Maybe if greater Idaho gets that slice of beachfront property I'll be all set and won't even have to move
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I escaped in 22, traveled around until August of this year and bought property in Idaho.

I was back in the Tacoma area for Christmas and the differences between CDA and there are crazy.  I didn't realize how "cold" people are over there, plus the homeless and criminal behavior is very noticable. I did see an LP guy stop a dude trying to push a cart full of food out of a Safeway though, so maybe people are starting to get fed up.

Making the choice to leave was the hardest part. With a little bit of looking, I'm sure you can find work and a financial situation that will work for you.  

We ended up in Idaho mostly because of our family back home that won't leave (hopefully just for now). If it weren't for that, we'd have probably ended up in a different place, like Tennessee or south Dakota.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 4:07:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#7]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
30% in fuel
Free garbage
3% in sales tax
35% off liquor
I vote in person
65% auto insurance
And the list goes on...

ZERO regrets

View Quote

I might have to some day. Unfortunately I can’t make the kind of money I make in Idaho. Best part of Idaho though would be not having to drive as far to go to ColaNW.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 6:31:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a countdown app on my cell. I’m out in 384 days!
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 8:55:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#10]
Same here as far as wages, we have a Idaho office and they are busy as fuck with developments, right now we have one in the Boise area and 5 in north Idaho in the Lake Pend Oreille, Sandpoint area and Coeur d'Alene. I was asked about transferring and simply put the wage cut wasn’t worth it, I e heard from quite a few the Idaho wage is lower. My other concern is how Spokane and Pullman are turning blue from transplants, how long before Coeur d'Alene, Lewiston and Boise all fall to the same fate as western Washington? I am seeing first hand these large developments with large homes going in like no tomorrow and all being bought up by California.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Done! 18 months ago, we arrived in Florida.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By mstennes:
Same here as far as wages, we have a Idaho office and they are busy as fuck with developments, right now we have one in the Boise area and 5 in north Idaho in the Lake Pend Oreille, Sandpoint area and Coeur d'Alene. I was asked about transferring and simply put the wage cut wasn’t worth it, I e heard from quite a few the Idaho wage is lower. My other concern is how Spokane and Pullman are turning blue from transplants, how long before Coeur d'Alene, Lewiston and Boise all fall to the same fate as western Washington? I am seeing first hand these large developments with large homes going in like no tomorrow and all being bough up by California.
View Quote

It's a concern for sure.

My only real hope is that the old stereotypes about Idaho and the winters will keep the worst of the worst away.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DFARM:

It's a concern for sure.

My only real hope is that the old stereotypes about Idaho and the winters will keep the worst of the worst away.
View Quote

Wait... The winters aren't really that bad?
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 1:04:04 AM EDT
[#14]

It's a concern for sure.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Same here as far as wages, we have a Idaho office and they are busy as fuck with developments, right now we have one in the Boise area and 5 in north Idaho in the Lake Pend Oreille, Sandpoint area and Coeur d'Alene. I was asked about transferring and simply put the wage cut wasn’t worth it, I e heard from quite a few the Idaho wage is lower. My other concern is how Spokane and Pullman are turning blue from transplants, how long before Coeur d'Alene, Lewiston and Boise all fall to the same fate as western Washington? I am seeing first hand these large developments with large homes going in like no tomorrow and all being bought up by California.

It's a concern for sure.

We used to hope that as well but have you seen Lake Wenatchee, Winthrop, Mazama its like they further up and further away the better and with satellite tv, internet and radio they seek it out, plus they seem to be the ones with the money anymore.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:20:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By GNJ:

View Quote

I meant that they'd look into it and decide against coming. Lol
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GNJ:

I know we used to think the same thing in the upper Methow, nope once high speed internet was available via satellite they came.  The come they take over, they bring their liberal ways and destroy.  I hate to say it we have seen first hand what they do and what they expect when they expanded from the wet side and came.

I’m sorry but as long as the liberal left are to stupid to figure out they are the problem nothing will change and they continue to spread like cancer across the USA no one anywhere is safe from those locusts. Running just puts off the inevitable soon or later we will all have to fight.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 3:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#17]

I know we used to think the same thing in the upper Methow, nope once high speed internet was available via satellite they came.  The come they take over, they bring their liberal ways and destroy.  I hate to say it we have seen first hand what they do and what they expect when they expanded from the wet side and came.

I’m sorry but as long as the liberal left are to stupid to figure out they are the problem nothing will change and they continue to spread like cancer across the USA no one anywhere is safe from those locusts. Running just puts off the inevitable soon or later we will all have to fight.
View Quote

Boise area is the germination point, like Seattle was in WA. Then it spreads with the gentrification & associated laws. Post menopausal women can't feel safe enough, & the "public safety" pitch reels them in. Public sector is happy to leverage that to up the pay & retirement plans, & it just keeps snowballing. Things get worse, but they keep doubling down. Before you know it, it's implicitly or explicitly illegal to just defend yourself or your property (police are always GTG with jamming you up if you try). A decade or 2 later, & it's, "...wuh happened?" Same thing that always happens, fueled by public sector greed & a lack of any insight by the public at large.

Yeah, I know, "It'll never happen here." That's always the case.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#18]
My grand parents homesteader in the Methow Valley, I grew up there, my kids did as well, now my grand kids are growing up here. No hard decision at all for us, we stay fight and refuse to comply. There is simply to much more to leave then the west side stupid. I know non compliance and other fights are coming, things won’t change, and costs will stay high but unless the king from the west side forms a new state police the east side will become more defiant as well as quite possible a successful split like oregon is attempting.
View Quote

I always get a sense that the members who have relocated so easily never had any real roots here to begin with. Several of them have indicated as much, if not in those same words. Transplants to begin with.

Walking away from aging parents and siblings isn’t the easiest thing.

Then there are the ones who waited until their families were grown and their careers over before they picked up and left. A little easier to do with a retirement income stream vs having to start all over in an area with lower economic prospects.

Yeah, the direction the state is headed in definitely sucks. I don’t blame anyone for leaving. Even applaud those with school age children deciding to get them out of here. I would never suggest that a 2A advocate move here. It’s really only tolerable if you were already pretty much set a couple of years ago.

I’ve got family spread all around Idaho and roots there that likely go back a lot further than most members here. It would be easy to move there. I look at houses on Zillow quite a bit, have a few favorites saved. It may happen yet, after I retire in a few years. Sandpoint has long been known for its artsy, hippy-ish vibe. Kind of disappointing to see the direction that Boise and CDA are going in, though.

One of our kids just moved to Tennessee, so we will be interested to learn more about and explore that area. They say the Smoky Mountains are great, I just don’t know if I could live anywhere further east than the Rockies. The general lack of wide open, publicly accessible land in the eastern half of the country looks pretty depressing to me, too.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Boomer:

I always get a sense that the members who have relocated so easily never had any real roots here to begin with. Several of them have indicated as much, if not in those same words. Transplants to begin with.

Walking away from aging parents and siblings isn’t the easiest thing.

Then there are the ones who waited until their families were grown and their careers over before they picked up and left. A little easier to do with a retirement income stream vs having to start all over in an area with lower economic prospects.

Yeah, the direction the state is headed in definitely sucks. I don’t blame anyone for leaving. Even applaud those with school age children deciding to get them out of here. I would never suggest that a 2A advocate move here. It’s really only tolerable if you were already pretty much set a couple of years ago.

I’ve got family spread all around Idaho and roots there that likely go back a lot further than most members here. It would be easy to move there. I look at houses on Zillow quite a bit, have a few favorites saved. It may happen yet, after I retire in a few years. Sandpoint has long been known for its artsy, hippy-ish vibe. Kind of disappointing to see the direction that Boise and CDA are going in, though.

One of our kids just moved to Tennessee, so we will be interested to learn more about and explore that area. They say the Smoky Mountains are great, I just don’t know if I could live anywhere further east than the Rockies. The general lack of wide open, publicly accessible land in the eastern half of the country looks pretty depressing to me, too.
View Quote

I figured that it was going to be easier to start over while I'm young enough to work hard vs waiting until I'm old and the kids are grown.  Also, who knows what the future will bring. I might not have been able to afford to move in another 15-20 years.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:02:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I could never afford to own the property I have with water/trees/acreage/privacy in ID or MT.
I can afford to stay here but definitely not like this corrupt government.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Howdy, 1Gunrunner, wondered where you'd gotten to-- my wife Taurus says Hi-- Not all of us are in a position to bail, so I will stay behind the lines I guess. Someone has to carry on the fight, but it's a shame so many heavy hitters have moved on. Blessings to all who have gone, but remember it was just a few scant years ago Washington's politics were a lot like Idaho's are today, so watch your electorate, and you know the Left is targeting states with Conservative governments. May the New Year be better for all of us than the last, Lord knows the bar is low--
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#22]
I agree with 49 north. I too could not have the acreage, house and seclusion I have in the foothills of the Olympic Mountains if I was to move to any free state in the west.
I will stay and fight for our god given rights and try to stop (fraud) mail in voting.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 2:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#23]
And then there are others like me.

I moved FROM Idaho to here last year.

OP is right about all the advantages-but my situation is unique and I’m completely content and blessed being here. I’m right where I’m supposed to be. I’m making friends with like minded rebels and could happily spend the rest of my life here. Things will change radically for the better-they always do with a large enough population of pissed off folks and this state is doing everything it can to anger everyone.

Idaho, MT, WY would be my move back to states though.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Well if we get Dave Reichert as Governor and Pete Serrano as AG, we might start reversing some things, but I’m not holding my breath.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 12:32:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Ductapeman:
Howdy, 1Gunrunner, wondered where you'd gotten to-- my wife Taurus says Hi-- Not all of us are in a position to bail, so I will stay behind the lines I guess. Someone has to carry on the fight, but it's a shame so many heavy hitters have moved on. Blessings to all who have gone, but remember it was just a few scant years ago Washington's politics were a lot like Idaho's are today, so watch your electorate, and you know the Left is targeting states with Conservative governments. May the New Year be better for all of us than the last, Lord knows the bar is low--
View Quote

That is true about Washington politics and gun laws compared to Idaho's. .

Some food for thought the company I work for has Idaho locations and while our bulk has been public works projects, we have also been heavily into developments and our Idaho branch has a couple large ones in north Idaho as in 100 lot developments, and the same for a couple in the Boise area. One of our lowboy drives has said it’s crazy the amount of developments going in with sold signs on yet to be completed lots. Where are these people coming from? We do allot of middle snd high end projects so there is money coming but from where? Allot of those moving are coming from California who will bring their politics as well. I said it before and I’ll say it again, the left are locusts and they will keep coming and destroying so running is only buying time and not allot of it either.
Link Posted: 1/5/2024 4:39:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#26]
View All Quotes

I've been told by former residents that Spokane is as blue as anything in Seattle. Spokane & Whitman counties voted for 1639, probably what got it passed.

It's a concern for sure.

If that were the case, then MT wouldn't have turned. Interior climate control is a thing, & people adapt. I can see some staying, but as bad as they've made the old host, the new one will still appeal to most.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 4:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Cops66:
Well if we get Dave Reichert as Governor and Pete Serrano as AG, we might start reversing some things, but I’m not holding my breath.
View Quote

The best we could hope for is Reichert as Governor. Dhingra as AG under him would be entertaining if he pushes back on any BS she tries to advance.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I've been told former residents that Spokane is as blue as anything in Seattle. Spokane & Whitman counties voted for 1639, probably what got it passed.

If that were the case, then MT wouldn't have turned. I terior climate control is a thing, & people adapt. I can see some leaving, but as bad as they've made the old host, the new one will still appeal to most.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

I've been told former residents that Spokane is as blue as anything in Seattle. Spokane & Whitman counties voted for 1639, probably what got it passed.

It's a concern for sure.

If that were the case, then MT wouldn't have turned. I terior climate control is a thing, & people adapt. I can see some leaving, but as bad as they've made the old host, the new one will still appeal to most.

Whitman has been blue for some time thanks to WSU.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Getting older,  kids are mostly grown.  Strings attaching me slowly breaking off...  whether I wanted or not, family and aging Dad keeping me here.  Maybe 10 years or so to retirement.  We'll see what options I have then.

Seems like the sickness keeps spreading its tentacles far and fast.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By SCRIOS:
Getting older,  kids are mostly grown.  Strings attaching me slowly breaking off...  whether I wanted or not, family and aging Dad keeping me here.  Maybe 10 years or so to retirement.  We'll see what options I have then.

View Quote

I think those who went to Idaho are going to be shocked this next election at the rise in D votes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By migradog:

ID has gotten redder the last few elections,
nothing that shows a change in the trend for this election.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2023/11/29/voter-registration-data-shows-california-republicans-not-liberals-are-flocking-to-idaho/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SCRIOS:

I think those who went to Idaho are going to be shocked this next election at the rise in D votes.

ID has gotten redder the last few elections,
nothing that shows a change in the trend for this election.

https://idahocapitalsun.com/2023/11/29/voter-registration-data-shows-california-republicans-not-liberals-are-flocking-to-idaho/

As long as the Californians moving there vote red your fine, burying your head in the sand thinking your safe is crazy. I know we have two huge developments one in Boise and one Sandpoint both are over 100 lots and both have lots selling and we have not started yet and the realtor we talked to told us these buyers are from California. Boise has so much building going on as does the CDA area, this will be the same slow change as Spokane saw.
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:35:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Just because they come from CA doesn't make them one of the crazy libs that come from there.

I do however agree that no place is safe in the long run. They tend to f'up the state, causing things to cost more.. driving the lower income libs to other neighboring states..
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#34]
This is an inspiring thread!   Appreciate you guys reporting back to give the hope of living in the America and freedom we used to have here in WA. I’m convinced the left has figured out the formula to crack every nut.  Working to join you guys and strategically things are looking on track to make some medium term moves.  Nice leadership by action!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:14:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#35]
Link Posted: 1/16/2024 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#36]
The way I see it not only are we fighting the anti gunners, but the EPA as well. EV’s and renewable energy, gun restrictions, voter fraud and climate change are all being rammed down our throats and forced upon us we simply can not run anymore and need to start fighting back on all fronts.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 4:07:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Idaho is a great place. For now.

Its a fact that politics follows population density. You have kali, or and wa as an example to look at.

I give idaho about 10yrs maybe 15 before you start seeing the blue take hold.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:31:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I left Kali North 2 years ago.
Thank God!
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Idaho is a great place. For now.

Its a fact that politics follows population density. You have kali, or and wa as an example to look at.

I give idaho about 10yrs maybe 15 before you start seeing the blue take hold.
View Quote

I’m thinking 5 and 2 or 3 before you start seeing the blue agenda getting traction and laws changing. Granted many moving to Idaho are red fleeing blue bullshit, but allot of blue are fleeing the shit they created and can’t  recognize they created it. Once the foot is in the door the free fall begins, look at what happened here in Washington,, look how fast we fell and continue to fall. Hell even Jeff Bezos left and went to Florida, think he’s leaving his blue agenda here in Washington?
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 2:56:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#40]
.... think he’s leaving his blue agenda here in Washington?
View Quote
Nope. Well known fact moderate libs flock in for the same reasons, only to vote in libs within a few years.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#41]
30% in fuel
Free garbage
3% in sales tax
35% off liquor
I vote in person
65% auto insurance
And the list goes on...

ZERO regrets

View Quote

Yeah... but 6% income tax.

Can pay for a fuck load of other taxes with 6% of gross.

Still, we're out of here hopefully next year. Idaho was in the running, but doesn't look like wher we're headed. WA born and raised. Trying really hard to get the house ready, it's been a drag with contractors and projects.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Closing today on a house in Lewiston ID.

Per one of those web stalking sites, on my new street - 16 R, 1 D and 6 others.  How refreshing.

I'm guilty of driving up home prices in ID.  Otherwise, I am not carrying any lib virus.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:47:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Even with that 6%, I pay less to live here.

But, even if it didn't even out, I just consider it to be the price of freedom.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrZeat:

Yeah... but 6% income tax.

Can pay for a fuck load of other taxes with 6% of gross.

Still, we're out of here hopefully next year. Idaho was in the running, but doesn't look like wher we're headed. WA born and raised. Trying really hard to get the house ready, it's been a drag with contractors and projects.

Even with that 6%, I pay less to live here.

But, even if it didn't even out, I just consider it to be the price of freedom.

That's what I told my wife, I don't even care if it costs me more as long as its not like Cali ass raping. It depends what state we end up in, but trying to do huge ROTH conversions now before we move. Everyone complains about WA taxes, but that's honestly one of the best things about WA. Sub 1% property taxes and no income taxes is huge and makes up for a lot of the small nickel and dime stuff all over. 6% income would be like 3x my current property taxes.

The bigger difference I've seen is labor costs at restaurants, contractors, trades, etc, that's where its amazing how much cheaper other areas are.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 2:15:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: migradog] [#45]
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#46]
No Income Tax.
4.2% Sales Tax.
Land of the Free.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By m62-m76:
No Income Tax.
4.2% Sales Tax.
Land of the Free.
View Quote

Constitutional carry?
Suppressor/SBR restrictions?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Constitutional carry?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m62-m76:
No Income Tax.
4.2% Sales Tax.
Land of the Free.

Constitutional carry?

Yes, no, and best part is Kristi Numnumnum

They were a close second for me.
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#49]
So why ohio over SD?
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#50]
So why ohio over SD?
View Quote

Probably because he has a wife.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Leaving Las Washington (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top